I recently found out that most flowers and plants are poisonous to cats, after I discovered 2 of mine eating the lilies I had just put in a vase from my garden. I looked on the internet for information regarding this only to discover that if your pet is not seen by a vet within the first six hours of ingesting the flowers, they will die within 5 days of kidney failure. I immediately called the vet which were closing in 10 minutes, and explained my situation.
HERE'S THE TIP: She told me to give each cat a tsp. of Hydrogen Peroxide, making sure to get it in the back of their throat. Wait 5 minutes for them to throw up. If they don't, repeat it ONLY 1 MORE TIME. Wait 5 minutes. If they still haven't, put a tiny pinch of salt in the back of their throat. Wait 5 more minutes. By then, if they haven't, take them to a vet immediately.
It worked the first time with Mimzy and the second time with Monazy! Both are still healthy and still with us, thankfully.
By Jackie from Des Moines, Iowa
Editor's Note: Please always consult a vet first, before trying home remedies.
I also have used powered Charcoal mixed into a tablespoon of canned dog or cat food of meat, whichever pet had eaten something bad for them. It worked for my dog who got into my son's box of chocolate candy. It absorbs the toxins.
By Marcia S
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!