Ice Maker Not Working On KitchenAid Side-By-Side Refrigerator

I put a 1995 kitchen aid side by side in my house after being disconnected for about a month. Now the ice maker is not working. I read it might have air in lines. Should I just wait a while? Thanks.

Don from NPB, FL

Answers:

The tube delivering the water could be plugged also. (09/09/2006)

Check out sites such as Large Appliance Repair and Refrigerator repairs on the Internet. I use Google and have had great success in recent years finding repairmen and parts houses willing with the proper model/serial number to help with most anything, in exchange for your buying the part(s) from them. I found also there are some competitors there as well with cheaper prices. It might take a few days to get the parts, but it has been worth it in the past for me to postpone the death of an aging refrigerator, that
made all sorts of strange noises of anticipation. God bless you. (09/11/2006)

By lyndagayle62

I had a problem like this. When I checked the tubing where it goes into the ice maker, there was frozen water in the end of the tube, which caused it to stop making ice. Once I took warm washcloths and warmed up the end the ice blockage came out and I haven't had a problem since. (09/11/2006)

By lkoenig

Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🎉
🎄