KitchenAid Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working

Category Ice Machines
Trying to find the cause for the failure of your ice maker can be easy or baffling. This is a guide about KitchenAid refrigerator ice maker not working.

I have a side by side water and ice in door Kitchenaid refrigerator. The water comes through door, but no water is being supplied to the ice maker. The ice maker seems to be working because it does it's cycles, but obviously no water, so it will not make ice.

By Freddy E.

Answers

1. Sometimes newly plugged in refrigerators can take up to 48 hrs to produce their first ice cycle.
2. Is the hose kinked? If the ice trays are empty, check the hoses.
3. Is the water getting to the ice trays but the freezer is not cold enough? Adjust the freezer temp.

I would ask if the water is turned on but you said that you get water.

Good Luck

Anonymous

HOW DO I CLEAN THE WATER PIPES

My Kitchenaid side by side fridge/freezer with giant ice maker had a plastic bin. The fridge light was red which meant change filter, so $60 at Lowe's got a new filter. I screwed it in and for 2 weeks I had a full bin of ice. Then last week nothing for 3 weeks now.

Answers

I changed my water filter and I'm still not getting ice

The icemaker in my KitchenAid refrigerator model KSSC48QMS00, makes ice sometime and sometimes it doesn't. I have changed the ice maker and still have the problem. What can I do? Thank you.

By Floriberto R.

Answers

I have the same problem. But I started noticing the ice cream wasn't frozen as well as it should have been either, sometimes it was, sometimes it wasn't. Then I noticed I wasn't hearing the frig cut off or on anymore. My frig is old, so I'm having a new one delivered tomorrow. You didn't say how old yours is. Repairmen are so expensive, $180 just to come out. The refrigerator section works fine, just the freezer compartment not working right. Don't want to even keep it in the basement for drinks, maybe it's running all the time trying to "freeze" stuff and running up my electric bill. I bought a new one at Home Depot for $699.97 total including delivery, set up, installing the ice maker, and hauling off the old one. Not fancy, just like the old one.

My ice maker is not working on my Kitchenaid fridge.

By Darryl

Answers

Water line may be crimped or clogged.

I have had a side-by-side KitchenAid refrigerator model KSCS25FTMS02 for 6 years, suddenly the dispenser light went off, from there I don't have water, and the ice maker stop making ice. The inside freezer light is on normally, the ice making sensor works as I did some tests. I also tested the door switch part# 12466114 by taking it out and performing connectivity check and the switch seems to work as expected. I checked the connection at the door hinge and they are good, nothing loose. The freezer and fridge work just fine, so I am stumped. What could be wrong and where should I start checking further?

Thanks.

By Peter

I have a side by side water and ice in door 5 year old Kitchenaid refrigerator. The water comes through door, but it will not make ice.

By lmod from Orlando

I put a 1995 kitchen aid side by side in my house after being disconnected for about a month. Now the ice maker is not working. I read it might have air in lines. Should I just wait a while? Thanks.

Don from NPB, FL

Answers:

Ice Maker Not Working On KitchenAid Side-By-Side Refrigerator

I had a problem like this. When I checked the tubing where it goes into the ice maker, there was frozen water in the end of the tube, which caused it to stop making ice. Once I took warm washcloths and warmed up the end the ice blockage came out and I haven't had a problem since. (09/11/2006)

By lkoenig

The tube delivering the water could be plugged also. (09/09/2006)

Check out sites such as Large Appliance Repair and Refrigerator repairs on the Internet. I use Google and have had great success in recent years finding repairmen and parts houses willing with the proper model/serial number to help with most anything, in exchange for your buying the part(s) from them. I found also there are some competitors there as well with cheaper prices. It might take a few days to get the parts, but it has been worth it in the past for me to postpone the death of an aging refrigerator, that
made all sorts of strange noises of anticipation. God bless you. (09/11/2006)

By lyndagayle62

The refurbished ice maker in our KitchenAid 25 cubic ft. fridge only made ice once when reinstalled. The tray fills properly, the ice maker switch turns on and freezer is the right temp. Do I need to test the inline freeze relay next? Thanks.

By Realphillips from Tulsa

Answers:

KitchenAid Ice Maker Not Making Ice

Sometimes the solder will release the heating coil from the bottom of the ice tray and not permit the ice to release from the tray. You will have to check the coil to see if it is firmly attached to the bottom of the ice tray. However, before you do this make sure the ice maker is in the off position. This will prevent you from burning your fingers. I know from experience.

Also you may need to see if your heating element is working. Try blowing the ice tray with a hair dryer to see if the ice will dump. If it does it could be the heating coil is the trouble. Good luck hope this helps. Let us know if this helps. (04/15/2009)

By dasl

We own a KitchenAid side-by-side model KSRS25Q. The ice maker is not making ice. I checked all the lines except for the valve inlet. Everything is working. But, water does not fill up in the ice tray maker. What should I look at next? The valve inlet? Thanks.

By bw180h from Milwaukee, WI