Ink on Microfiber Furniture

I have a microfiber couch, my granddaughter got purple marker on it, the company I bought it from told me to use baby shampoo to clean it, I have tried that and also tried a small amount of alcohol, but neither of these is bringing the marker off, any suggestions? Please help.

Thank you,

Shar02822 from Cynthiana, KY

Answers:

Ink on Microfiber Furniture

My daughter got ink on our microfiber furniture and my mom told me to spray small amount of hairspray then rub it with damp cloth or dry one. It came right out. (10/11/2006)

By Becky

ink on microfiber couch

My boyfriend purchased a cream microfiber couch and chaise, our roommate's son got black ink on it. After reading that rubbing alcohol works I went to try it, but realized I didn't have any. So I grabbed my original Purell hand sanitizer and put it on a Q-tip and rubbed it on there. It worked like magic. (11/26/2006)

By Chelsea

Ink on Microfiber Furniture

My daughter somehow gets an ink pen sometimes and marks our microfiber couch. Baby wipes work wonders and have gotten many a stain out. You may have to scrub for a bit, but it will come out. Be patient. (02/24/2007)

By Theresa

Ink on Microfiber Furniture

My 3 year old niece and 2 year old nephew wrote all over my beige microfiber couch with an ink pen. I removed it with hairspray. I used a damp wash cloth and squirted the hairspray on the washcloth and it came right out. (04/18/2007)

By Rebecca

Ink on Microfiber Furniture

I read the articles on this site for removing a pen mark from a new sofa. I looked around and did not find any rubbing alcohol in the house. So I tried Sally Hansen's nail polish remover. I dabbed it on a paper towel and rubbed off the mark in gentle circular motions. It is like it was never there and the fabric is still the same at that area. This method is easy and affordable. (06/09/2007)

By simz

Ink on Microfiber Furniture

My Son drew a happy face on my chair with a black ink pen. Wife was not happy at all, we used "La's Totally Awesome" all purpose cleaner from the Dollar General. One cap full and no more happy face. (07/22/2007)

By Obou

Ink on Microfiber Furniture

Try carpet cleaner. (09/29/2007)

By Taylor

Ink on Microfiber Furniture

Anything is supposed to come off of a microfiber sofa with a basic alcohol solution. When we bought our sofa, the salesman wrote our phone number on one of the cushions with a ball-point pen and then cleaned it off with the solution in a spray bottle and a terrycloth towel. We were sold.

If alcohol solution does not work, try Mostenbocker's (can be found in the cleaning aisle at Home Depot). There are several different Mostenbocker formulas, I've used #3 to successfully remove dried, red nail polish from a white down comforter. It's a little labor intensive, but it's amazing. I've also used another one of their formulas (#7?) to remove melted chewing gum from the cloth upholstery in my car. Their cleaning products are second to none. (01/07/2008)

By Rebecca

Crayon & Ink on Microfiber Furniture

I used the Purell Hand Sanitizer and it took both crayon and ink stains off of our sage microfiber sectional. Thank you for whom ever discovered this. You saved me a lot of money by not having to call a company to come out and clean my sofa.

FYI: I have a friend who swears that a teaspoon of regular Woolite Laundry Soap mixed with a small spray bottle of water works too. She had Crayola Marker stains on her microfiber sofa. The marks all came out and her sofa looks brand new. She just sprayed a small area and softly rubbed the spot with a soft cloth. Hope this helps someone else. (07/23/2008)

By Courtney W.

Ink on Microfiber Furniture

Just any hand sanitizer will not work, I did not have any Germ-x or Purell, but did have some from Bath and Body Works and it did nothing, So it's off the the grocery store for the above. (03/29/2009)

By scubajoe

Kitten laying on couch with a pen
Cleaning Ink on Microfiber Furniture
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄