Ink on Microfiber Furniture

I have a microfiber couch, my granddaughter got purple marker on it, the company I bought it from told me to use baby shampoo to clean it. I have tried that and also tried a small amount of alcohol, but neither of these is bringing the marker off, any suggestions? Please help.

Thank you.

Shar02822 from Cynthiana, KY

Ink on Microfiber Furniture

We spent $3000 on a microfiber sectional and recliner 9 months ago with our tax return. My 2 year old got up the other day and found his brother's pens for school and colored on every cushion of the couch, love seat, and wedge with a blue ballpoint pen. We tried the cleaner for heavy soiling that Sofa Mart gave us as part of the warranty and it didn't do anything. A baby wipe lightened it with a lot of scrubbing, but didn't make it go away. We didn't have any rubbing alcohol so we tried some Germ-x and that got rid of a line so hubby went and bought a bottle of 91% alcohol (probably works better than the standard 70% that used to be all you could buy, the 91% has a red label due to its flammability).

That got it up with minimal scrubbing. I gave all the cushions a once-over with the Sofa Mart stuff once I got all the ink up with alcohol and when everything was dry I couldn't tell where a single line had been and I was looking hard. Thanks to everyone for the info and tips, you have saved my furniture and possibly my marriage since hubby was sitting on the couch "watching" the 2 year old while he did it. The pic shows the difference in one of the cushions, you can even see a wet spot where we'd been trying to get it off. (11/02/2009)

By DixieKGirl

RE: Ink on Microfiber Furniture

Kitten laying on couch with a pen
Cleaning Ink on Microfiber Furniture
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather