Ink on Microfiber Furniture

I have a microfiber couch, my granddaughter got purple marker on it, the company I bought it from told me to use baby shampoo to clean it. I have tried that and also tried a small amount of alcohol, but neither of these is bringing the marker off, any suggestions? Please help.

Thank you.

Shar02822 from Cynthiana, KY

Answers:

Ink on Microfiber Furniture

We spent $3000 on a microfiber sectional and recliner 9 months ago with our tax return. My 2 year old got up the other day and found his brother's pens for school and colored on every cushion of the couch, love seat, and wedge with a blue ballpoint pen. We tried the cleaner for heavy soiling that Sofa Mart gave us as part of the warranty and it didn't do anything. A baby wipe lightened it with a lot of scrubbing, but didn't make it go away. We didn't have any rubbing alcohol so we tried some Germ-x and that got rid of a line so hubby went and bought a bottle of 91% alcohol (probably works better than the standard 70% that used to be all you could buy, the 91% has a red label due to its flammability).

That got it up with minimal scrubbing. I gave all the cushions a once-over with the Sofa Mart stuff once I got all the ink up with alcohol and when everything was dry I couldn't tell where a single line had been and I was looking hard. Thanks to everyone for the info and tips, you have saved my furniture and possibly my marriage since hubby was sitting on the couch "watching" the 2 year old while he did it. The pic shows the difference in one of the cushions, you can even see a wet spot where we'd been trying to get it off. (11/02/2009)

By DixieKGirl

RE: Ink on Microfiber Furniture