John Deere Riding Mower Won't Start

I have a John Deere LA105 riding mower and it won't start. I have replaced the battery and the solenoid. When I turn the key I only get a click. Any suggestions?

By Tom

Answers:

John Deere Riding Mower Won't Start

Sounds like the starter is bad. Here's how you can test it.

1. Place a pair of jumper cables on the proper terminal of your car battery.

2. Using the other end of the cables, attach negative terminal (black) to an unpainted metal surface, preferably on the frame. Locate the starter. You will see a post with a nut holding a red wire. Turn the ignition key to the run position. Take the red clamp on your jumper cable and touch it to the nut with the red wire. This bypasses all other switches, and your battery. If the starter is giving the same reaction it is time to replace it. (05/01/2010)

By EngTech

John Deere Riding Mower Won't Start
Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
🎉
🎄