Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

I have a huge problem with neighborhood cats using my flower beds and yard as a litter box. I've tried moth balls and pine cones and nothing works. They also use our cars as a scratching pad. Please help.

By Desperate to rid cats from Mesquite, TX

Answers:

Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

You could try dropping Olbas Oil on used teabags and placing them at intervals around your garden. Olbas Oil is available at Health Stores and Pharmacies. (04/27/2010)

By granny r

Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

Cayenne pepper. Get large container from Costco or Sam's club. Sprinkle on dry ground. Does not work as well once wet. Great for under bird feeders. Birds can eat it, even like it. Cats and dogs hate it. (04/27/2010)

By muttmom

Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

Fill clear empty 2 liter bottles half full of water. Put a little bleach in to prevent it from growing algae. Add a couple long strips of aluminum foil in each bottle then put lid back on. Put the bottles around the problem area. A few tinkling bells or some other light noise makers may help also. Cats don't like to be in places that scare them. Add some of those kids toys that go round and round when the wind blows If you can find the noisy ones they work best. Spread all these around the areas you want to keep cats out of. (04/28/2010)

By Lou Rael

Homemade Cat Repellents
Homemade Cat Repellents
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 6:09:40 PM on 10.0.1.65 in 868 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.