Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

How can I keep the neighborhood cats from pooping in my yard? I have tried (scarecrow) an electronic pet repeller, but they have figured out a way to go around it.

By Marilyn from Portland, OR

Answers:

Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

Put mothballs all along the edges of your yard. (12/07/2010)

By garnetgirl9

Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

Forget the moth balls they don't work period. Critters just walk around or ignore them. Not much you can do as they will go where they want to. But you could try spraying some coyote urine from time to time. I have seen it in Home Depot and Tractor Supply. (12/08/2010)

By foxrun41

Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

I have the same problem (also in PDX). This time of year it's a little tricky because of the weather, buy I have found that a good sprinkle of cayenne pepper in and around your garden works like a charm. Grocery Outlet usually has big containers for under $3. Since cats generally clean themselves after doing their "business", they end up licking the cayenne pepper off and associate the burn with your garden. Try to apply in between the rain and reapply after any heavy downpours. It takes a little bit of time for this to work, but it has never left me down. No more poop in my raised beds! (12/09/2010)

By Katie

Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
🎄
🍂