Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass

What can I get to keep dogs from pooping on my grass?

Bridget

Answers:

Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass

Try "Grant's Dog and Cat Repellent" I found it at a local nursery, but you can order it online. I used it to teach my dogs to stay out of flower beds, but learned it's also effective to keep cats that are allowed to run out as well. You need to use it daily until your animals learn where they can and cannot go. If it's other animals - you could put up a fence. (04/04/2007)

By

Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass

Place the large Pop bottles filled with water on your lot, I don't know how large your lot is. But we place one on each corner. The dogs won't poop where they think it is food. Sounds off the wall, but it works (07/08/2007)

By supersweep

Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass

My next door neighbor lets her dog poop in the area behind my patio in heavy vines so she doesn't have to clean it up. I complained to the manager, but to no avail. I want to put something on my driveway so it won't go there, and something right on the vines. So I need something to pour on the driveway that won't hurt the cement, and something for the vines that won't hurt them.

I don't care about the dog. How about some results? (11/20/2007)

By Charlene

Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass

Try a sign for the owner. Do a search for no dog poop on the grass tin sign. (02/08/2008)

By Jim

RE: Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass

Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass

We live in a subdivision, HOA. A nearby woman walked her two small dogs every day to our front yard, she did bring a bag to pick up after them. I had finally had enough of her, would have gone outside except still in pj's, I opened the window and yelled at her and told her not to bring them in my yard again. That I had already discussed this with the board of directors and my next step was animal control and I would file a complaint against her. She walked away shaking her head up and down "yes". I am sure anybody around here heard me but she has not been back. She is now using the yard on the corner. I am not sure what is wrong with her. They say ignorance is bliss. (04/30/2008)

Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass

I have had people tell me to spread lye in the area, but I really don't want to hurt the dog I am not sure of this I guess its best to ask a Vet. (12/29/2008)

By George in Naples,Fla

Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass

My next door neighbor was letting his dog poop around my mailbox, which is next to the road. One day when I saw the neighbor working in his front lawn I greeted him like a good neighbor. I told him I was having a problem with dogs pooping around my mailbox and I was puzzled as to what to do to stop it. I told him that I didn't want to put any poison down around the area as I didn't want to harm the dogs. I told him that I was thinking about sprinkling pepper all around the mailbox to prevent this. Well, the next day I didn't see any fresh poop around the mailbox, nor the day after, nor the day after that.....and so on. I never did put any pepper down around the mailbox, but it solved the problem. I never mentioned this topic again with my neighbor. (12/30/2008)

By John C.

Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass

My subdivision there are 2000 homes probably 1/3 to half have dogs and that may be an understatement. Dog poop has filled the side of my house in front lawn countless times and at times even my driveway. I have had it! I contacted the HOA today to notify them of what I can do since it is against HOA policy to post any type of signs accept if it is approved. My 3 year old son stuck his hand in some today and I am completely lost on what to do. I am diffidently buying a security camera to install on house to at least catch some who are doing this.

I used to love dogs and I have grown up with them my whole life but since I have moved here and have seen the insensitive disrespectful dog owners invade my property with dog crap (sometimes with worms coming out) I have now grown to hate dogs and think that this whole dog owner thing in society is complete madness. I can't believe people will put the health of my kids 2nd to their dog. This is madness people, madness! (06/13/2010)

By finly77

I fully understand your frustration but urge your to aim your hatred where it belongs, at the owner, not the dog. Having grown up around and loving dogs surely you can appreciate that, changing your feelings about dogs is a punishment to you and robs you of the love and good feelings that most dogs give to you for free. Careless, thoughtless owners that allow this behavior should not be allowed to have pets. Bottom line though, the dogs don't even understand that you don't like it.

A no dog pooping sign in someone's lawn.
Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Johnson Grass
Getting Rid of Johnson Grass
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
Dog on Concrete
Dog Pooping and Peeing on Concrete
🎉
🎄