Keeping White Appliances Clean and Looking New

How do we keep white appliances like our refrigerator looking like new?

By Krissttina from Honolulu, HI

Best Answer

I just wipe mine down regularly. The fridge doesn't need it as frequently as the oven. Depending on what I've been cooking, I might need to wipe the top of the oven every day or every other day. I spritz it with my Caldrea multipurpose cleaner (environmentally kind), load the dishwasher, and then I go back and wipe the oven. Normally it takes just a minute.

If something happens and I haven't kept up with it, then the job becomes more difficult. The drips have dried on and it takes more time and scrubbing. So it's just easier to do frequently.

Best Answer

You can also spritz it with automotive polish.

Best Answer

Spray hydrogen peroxide and then wipe. Simple Green, Mean Green, or Greased Lightning work well too. Goo Gone if you have sticky stuff, then wipe with wet sponge.

Best Answer

Hi everyone:

I found the solutions to my problems! To keep your white refrigerators looking like new just use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and it just glistens like new and keeps it all white too! It was so great. Tp my astonishment it cleaned the spot and brought the refrigerator to the original painted look. My refrigerator is all white with white handles too. To protect the handles I wrap it with Saran Wrap and secure the wrap with 3 pieces of Scotch tape and it holds until a new wrap to keep the handle like new too. Thanks and I hope these handy tips helps you too.

I wipe it with a Mr Clean magic eraser sometimes. It gets the dirt and grime out of the crevices.