Keeping the Washer and Dryer Clean

I've found a way to keep the exterior surfaces of my washer and dryer cleaner most of the time, and it's almost effortless! At the end of the day when my dishcloth is on its way to the basket I keep in the pantry for dirty kitchen towels, I use it to wipe down the tops (and once in a while the fronts) of my washer and dryer on the way (assuming the dishcloth isn't greasy.) I change my dishcloth daily so it's never very dirty. This way the washer and dryer stay cleaner and if I want to fold towels on top of my dryer, it's a clean place to do so.

By Sharon in TX

I do something similiar. Before throwing a washcloth or dishcloth in to the washer, I start the wash cycle, wet the cloth, wipe down the washer and/or dryer and then throw the cloth into the wash!

Would it help to paste wax the outside of the dryer and washer, so stuff does not stick? Just a thought.

I do that with any garment, just wet it in the stream of water coming into the washer, swipe around the tops of the w/d, and plop it into that load of wash. Not even underwear is immune!

What a cool handy tip. That's a very efficient time management tip. I have another tip. Sometimes my washer gets smelly and stinky, I use this cleaner called

Affresh and it gets ride of the smell in my washer.

www.apwagner.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=553

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesApril 27, 2005
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf123479.tip.html