Kitchen Paint Color Advice

My kitchen and family room are open to each other. I just updated the family room paint in Behr Marsh Creek, which is a green/peacock color with sand color accents (drapes, etc.) in a more 'beachy' color theme. The kitchen counters are a similar peacock color. It has maple cabinets, beige ceramic floor, and off white appliances.

The kitchen is currently a yellow/gold with a dry-brush glaze. It was more of a tuscan/old world design, now I am looking for something more in line with new family room design. Any suggestions on paint color? The kitchen also opens to hallway and dining room painted a khaki tan color.

Lisa from Cleveland, OH

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

Terra cotta would look good with those colors. (01/07/2009)

By perfume and powder

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

Since you just painted your family room in Behr Marsh Creek, which is a green/peacock color with sand accents, I would continue that color into the kitchen as they are open to one another. Perhaps you want to go one shade lighter on the color swatch, but I think that would contrast with the cabinets nicely, but coordinate with your countertops which are of a similar shade.

Best of luck (01/09/2009)

By Carol in PA

Paint chips on a kitchen blueprint.
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
Gallon paint cans with several different colors and had holding paint color sample strips
Kitchen Paint Color Advice for Dark Green Counter Tops
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets