Layered Green Salad

This is a layered salad. In a 9x13 inch pan, spread layers in this order:

1. Medium head of iceberg lettuce chopped or shredded.
  2. Ad

3. Approximately 2.5 cups chopped celery, 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion (more or less to personal taste), and 1/8-1/4 cup chopped green pepper (more or less to taste). Mix and spread on top of lettuce.
  4. 1 16 oz. package of frozen peas. Get a good name brand of your choice. Spread while frozen, do not cook.
  5. Spread approx. 3/4 of the large size jar (28oz.) of Best Foods Mayonnaise, enough to cover peas well.
  6. Top mayonnaise with approximately 3 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese.
  7. Sprinkle 2 jars of Hormel's "Real Bacon Bits" (NOT IMITATION) on cheese. Refrigerate overnight.

Happy Eating! This may not sound like much, but it is so good!!

Source: This is my mother's recipe. Its been in our family since I can remember. She is 85 and I wouldn't know where she got it from. Her name is Janet, from Athens, Ohio. It doesn't sound like much, but this is the most yummy mix of flavors once it sits overnight. It is always the hit of any potluck, picnic, etc. I am always asked for the recipe every time I make it.

By Alicel515 from Saratoga Springs, Utah

Answers:

Layered Green Salad

This is also called 7 layer salad. My mother also makes it, it is so addicting! (09/17/2008)

By Carole L

Layered Green Salad

Yes, this is called the 7 layered salad. We, also, put a layer of sliced hard boiled eggs in this. Very good. To make it a little on the tart side, some recipes call for Miracle Whip on top, then crumbled bacon. (09/17/2008)

By malinda

Layered Green Salad

I have been making this salad for over 25 years the only difference in mine is on the layer of mayo I then sprinkle sugar enough to cover mayo then I finish up with the bacon and cheese.

The first time I took this to my husbands family reunion by the time I got to it the only thing left in the bowl was the lettuce, all the goody layers were GONE! I have since learned to toss the salad just before the line starts! (09/18/2008)

By Margy

Layered Green Salad

Thank you my sister used to make this and is too busy
and forgets to send recipe. I had forgotten I wanted
it till now. Thank you. (09/19/2008)

By meoowmom

Layered Green Salad
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Layered Blueberry and Cookie Dessert
Layered Dessert Recipes
Layered Salt Art
Making Layered Salt Art
Layered Salad
Layered Salad Recipes
🎉
🎄