Layered Salad Recipes

This is a great salad for a potluck or BBQ Cookout. Easy to make and I never have leftovers!

Directions:

Assemble the night before serving and store in the refrigerator. In a large bowl, layer the ingredients in the following pattern:

Dollop the 3 - 4 tablespoons of Miracle Whip in the center on top. Cover well with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Toss just before serving.

This is a regularly requested item at many family gatherings. I've taken this to work potlucks, family reunions, picnics, and even made it for several of my sister-in-law's bridal showers and baby showers! I'm always asked for the recipe and it always goes fast!

Servings: 12 - 15
Time:30 Minutes Preparation Time
0 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Both my grandmother and mother always made this

By Lisa from Columbus, OH

11 More Solutions

Great for potlucks!

I started making layered salads instead of tossing them. It avoids people from picking things out of the salad that they don't like.

olives, green onions, and feta

In a large bowl, layer lettuce, spinach, green pepper, celery, and peas. Spread with mayonnaise. Combine the cheeses and bacon over the mayonnaise.

This looks very pretty in the serving dish as well as being very good! I like the bacon in this recipe!

Got this recipe from my step-mother. Great salad!

Layer vegetables, eggs, bacon in order given in large flat plastic pan with lid. Mix salad ingredients and spread over salad.

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, and garlic powder; set aside. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; toss with onions and half of the bacon.

Leafy greens can be layered with meats, cheeses and other veggies to create an old fashioned salad. This page contains recipes for layered green salad.

A green layered salad in a clear bowl.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains layered jello salad recipes. A fun, colorful salad can be created by layering jello.

A layered green Jello salad

Layer first 4 ingredients in large bowl in order listed. Spread mayonnaise over vegetables. Sprinkle with sugar. Top with cheese.

Drain peas on paper towel. Place lettuce in large salad bowl. Layer chopped vegetables and peas over lettuce.

Food and Recipes Recipes SaladsOctober 17, 2012
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Layered-Salad-Recipes.html