Crochet Layered Circles Hair Piece
This is a simple crochet project using several crochet circles in different sizes that are layered and glued together. This is a page about crochet layered circles hair piece.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a super quick hair piece that you can create with very minimal crochet skills. With easy double crochet circles stacked and hot glued together, you can create a unique addition to your accessories. This would also be cute attached to a winter hat, handmade or otherwise. Did I mention it requires so little supplies that it's nearly free to make?
Total Time: About 25 minutes
Yield: As many as you like!:)
- 1 tiny bits of #5 bulky yarn, though #4 worsted would work as well ($0)
- 1 "I" crochet hook
- 1 scissors
- 1 glue gun/glue stick
- 1 tiny scrap of felt
- 1 spring clip hair barrette ($0.05)
- 1 button or gem
- With "I" hook and yarn, chain 5, join in first chain with slip stich to make a ring. Chain 3, work 11 double crochet in ring, join to top of chain 3. Chain 3.
- Double crochet in the same space as your chain 3, 2 double crochet in each stitch around. Join to top of chain 3. Chain 2.
- Half double crochet in the same stitch as chain 2, *1 half double crochet in next stitch, 2 half double crochet in next stitch,* Repeat steps between asterisks till end of round. Join with slip stitch to first chain 2, finish off.
- Now choose another color yarn. You will repeat the first 2 rounds of your first circle. Ch 5, join. Ch 3, 11 dc in ring, join to ch 3. Ch 3, dc in same st, 2 dc in each st around. Finish off.
- Now choose your original yarn, or whatever suits your fancy.:) You will simply be repeating the first rounds of each previous circle. Ch 5, join. Ch 3, 11 dc in ring, join to ch 3. Finish off.
- After you weave in all those pesky ends, you will squeeze hot glue all over the back of your medium sized circle. After you do this, press it down right on top of your large circle.
- Now squeeze hot glue all over the back of your smallest circle and place it right over the top of your medium one.
- Now you are going to give it a nice finished back by cutting a small circle out of coordinating colored felt and gluing it to the back of your pieces.
- If you are using this as a hair piece, you will now squeeze a narrow strip of glue to top of barrette, place on felt and hold a moment till set.
- Don't forget to glue a pretty button or gem to the center of your circles. You are all set!:) Now all you need to do is wear it or give it away to a happy recipient.
* You could also attach to a handmade purse if you wanted.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.