Finding Legitimate Work From Home Jobs

Category Finding a Job
Working from home is rewarding but requires discipline, organization and finding just the right opportunity. This is a guide about finding legitimate work from home jobs.

Sepia tint image of a stack of white envelopes

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making money by stuffing envelopes at home. People looking for work from home jobs have been tempted to consider envelop stuffing opportunities. Many such offers are often a scam.

Hello everyone! Does anyone know of any work-at-home jobs that really work? I have two small children and I stay at home caring for them. Any tips on how to make extra money from home? Thanks in advance!

By Denise

Answer Was this helpful? 2

Some sites to check and get feedback from others wanting to work from their homes are wahm.com, workplacelikehome.com, ratracerebellion.com. You can go on the forums and see new listings and the requirements daily and get feedback about the company or the work from others also. I hope this helps someone. I wish they had jobs like this when my children were small. you could also sew or make things and sell them on www.etsy.com or even ebay.

Hi Denise. You might try making something that you can sell to small shop owners. For example, I make jewelry and take it to small boutiques that buy it outright from me. Look around at the shops; what are they selling, get some ideas.

Denise, what kind of skills do you have? Maybe you can convert a hobby like cooking or painting into a part-time profession. Many stay at home moms also provide childcare services at their homes to earn some money.

You can also consider medical transcription, which can be a pretty lucrative and stable home-based career. The only caveat is that you should have prior clinical experience or medical transcription training to get your foot in the door. If you're open to the idea of going back to school, then short-term, online training courses are offered by many vocational schools.

Source: http://www.careerstep.com

Does anyone know of any good, legit online jobs?

By Paula

Best Answer

There's lots of legitimate jobs online. Marketforce.com and also there is pinecone reasearch, surveyspot.com, and others. Hope this helps.

I read a lot of these jobs online. It's just too hard to tell what is legit and what isn't. Some want you to pay for them to give you a job. I never paid for a job in my life and I'm not about to start now.

I think a good way to work online is to sell items you have, can make or can get for less and sell for more. I sell items on ebay, craigslist and on my own online store at www.papersigns.ecrater.com.

I'm not getting rich but make some money. If you really put the work into it, you could make a comfortable living doing this. Also, it's free to set up your own store at ecrater. If you make any crafts, you could also sell them on etsy.com. Good luck.

I wasted a lot of time trying to find a legitimate site for making a little extra doing surveys, and ended up deleting all of them. Many of them want to give you Sweepstakes entries, some of them are just a long lists of places to order magazines, get a credit card, get information on a variety of things like insurance, electronics, etc. Some tell you it is a survey and you spend time giving them personal information about your interests, your age, gender, children, education, and some even ask your income bracket, and one asked for social security number.

Some of the questions, I understand, are to match your interests with the surveys, but they don't file these in your account, for each "survey" you first have to fill out this form, and then most times they will say "Sorry, you don't qualify for this survey." It is too hard to sift out all that stuff, and I tried about half a dozen, and deleted them all. Selling on my website is my best answer for "Work At Home" income.

Harlean from Arkansas

I am looking for "work from home" sites, where you can make money without paying up front.

By Robin from Dansville, NY

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Anonymous

I worked for hours and months also for years trying to find something I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to succeed but I believe that these companies are a hook for your money and don't help you to succeed. They just keep asking for more money. I have not even been able to get any kind of income to replace the money I spent on trying.

They are a con

Try this website womenforhire.com, there is a lot of great advise there as well as websites to look for work at home that you can trust.

There are lot of legitimate work from home online jobs are available such as

1) Blogging

2) Google Adsense

3) Affiliate marketing.

4) Micro Jobs.

5) Freelancing

6) Reselling Business.

In my experience the reselling business is a best way to earn money online .Reselling means just selling others services or products at higher cost earning money by getting commission from them .In reselling business you can fix your price for that products or services and you can market it and gain more profit.I got reseller account from this site http://www.goresellers.com/ . Using the account i am selling domains, hosting plans,tc.I am involving in this reseller business for more than a couple of years and have earned quite a good sum of amount. You can do this job at any time .Check with it.

Does anyone know of any legitimate work from home websites where I could land a good job? I currently work from home as a VCSR (Virtual Customer Service Representative).

By Ms_Thrifty from Houston, TX

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Be very careful. Most of these sites want you to pay cash up front and you get nothing in return.

It depends on what you are looking for, a work at home job where you are employed by someone else, then you should not put out any money for that. The other thing that most get confused with is starting your own business. You have to expect some upfront costs if you are going to start a business of your own. I know of anywhere on God's green earth that you can start a business without having to put money up for whatever equipment you may need, licenses, if you are selling something you need to have some stock on hand, some companies you can drop ship but it is still a good idea to have some on hand for any local customers.

There are legitimate businesses out there, but you do need to spend money to open a business, and you need to really work at it, if you are promised that you will have the dough rolling in from day one then rethink that one. I own a homebased business and do very well, but you do have to work it just like a job outside the home, commit to certain hours, you can make your own schedule but if you work 2 hours a day you have to expect your earnings to commensurate with the amount of time you put into it. If you are interested in a legitimate business that has been in business for over 30 years then visit www.earnincomenow.com/jniles

You can earn money in several ways, yes it is a MLM company but it has been around for a long time, they sell quality products and do follow-ups on 3 x first week, 2x second week then once weekly after that. You can make money from selling the products, or if you prefer you can recruit, or you can do both, recruit and retail sales. Look at the site, if you have questions you can contact me through that page. Whether you choose this company (I am not mentioning it because I am not sure it is allowed) or any other be sure you are selling something you are passionate about, customers can tell by your voice if you are excited about making their life better with what you are selling or if you are just putting in time, that will not reap success. Click on terms at bottom of that link and you will see the company. Good luck in whatever you choose, but do your homework first.

Does anyone work at home with Disciples Cross? Is there any other work at home that does not including enrolling or selling anything? Ebay is ok! Thanks.

By Seeme

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Anonymous

Wow! This upsets me checking in to this business!

Please come up with your own Christian Cross craft concept and sell the items you design yourself without the lure of profit this company offers! You can buy items for much less, both monetarily and heart-wise, on your own at a craft store instead of paying premium dollars and sell them at your local church, flea markets or word of mouth via church family, family and friends!

I am really upset that 'a so called Christian' company is tugging and taking advantage of Christian hearts and trust of Believers for profit :-(

Tell your fellow brothers and sisters about this and see if they can at least help you recoup what money you have spent on this venture. The time spent was from your heart so let not your heart be troubled over that!

Here's a link you should read:

http://www.ripo  -cross-we4b8.htm

I pray my answer is helpful and God Bless you!

Double wow, good call, Deeli!

Seeme, if you're crafty and eBay is doable for you, you can hunt down crafts at places online that are reputable and literally cost only pennies; Oriental Trading Company is one that comes to mind.

A few years back, they had loads of Christian-based crafty items very, very inexpensive. I bought a couple dozen of some DIY cross pendant kits they had, assembled and sold them on eBay.

Can't remember precisely how much they were, but I didn't mark them up outrageously--think then they were about 70 cents each and they went for $1.99 each ( enough to cover the cost of glue and eBay fees with a couple of pennies left over).

You won't get rich quickly, but you won't get ripped off, either. That Disciples' Cross is a new low for work-at-home scams.

I am a single mother and have been looking for a legitimate at home job that costs little or nothing to get started. To my dismay I have found nothing that is real or doesn't take my money. I have done enough of those!

Does anyone have any ideas on where I should go or try? I am at the end of my rope. Everything I come across is a scam. Please help!

By Janet from McKinney, TX

I would suggest babysitting in your own home. You would have to check to see if your state or city has regulations, but in my area there are several women who look after toddlers in their own homes. I always had this sort of care for my kids, and the women who looked after my boys became fast friends. It was superior care to daycare in my opinion. And, in our small towns, daycare wasn't an option anyway.

Another friend makes quite a nice income from doing sewing and mending for people. She puts a free ad on Kijii and has lots of jobs in a few days. This same woman does home baking for people, cookies, home made bread, and so on. There may be health regulations with regard to this, but I know there are people who do it!

I just had another thought, if you were a good student at school, you could tutor school kids in math and reading. People pay tremendous $$$$ for this from special companies, but a lot of the time what students need is one on one homework time.

I work with Edoc Marketing... www.edocmarketing.com. They're definitely legit. However, they seem best for someone supplementing an existing income. I average $150-$200/month when I'm working hard.

I need to earn a living to support myself, but not on computers or MLM. I need real income ideas for real money. Thank you to all who have ideas.
Jennydo

visit this website and see if it helps. They have several ways to make money for free

http://wam.95mb.com

I found this to work for me. No, I am not rich but I to make 60 to 80 extra per month.

I believe that I could make more if I can get up the courage to go door to door.

http://wam.50webs.com/

I joined them last year and it has always been free

I 'd like to know if there is a legitmate company out there willing to give a home bound mildly physically handicapped female a job

Has anyone tried this thing called "virtual assistants"? It's suppose to be a website where you can look for "work at home" jobs. I am trying to find out if they are legitimate. From the looks of their website, it looks authentic.

By Karen from Charleston, SC

I would not send any body money to help find you a job. You can do it with out sending them money, good luck.

Anonymous

Which Virtual Assistants website is it? There are a few online and most do look legit. If you'll share the link I'll be happy to do a bit of investigation.

I have also looked for Work for Home jobs on the internet for years now without any luck so far. They all either want cash to get you started or they ask that you purchase merchandise up front that they will reimburse you for.

Let me know if you have any luck because I could really use the income. Be careful what you sign up for because there are a lot of scams out there just waiting to take your cash.

I need legitimate work from home: an honest pay for honest work. Any Suggestions?

Home day care, dog walking, pet sitting. Stay away from envelope stuffing and "paid" surveys. I've only found scams.

I also need a work from home job but I have not been able to find anything. If you find something please let me know. I can't do child care.

Has anyone checked out Preston Lord Ent.? Is this a legitimate work from home opportunity?

By Vickie

Most businesses don't use mailers anymore. Stuffing envelopes is one of the oldest scams there is. Don't believe things that are too good to be true like making jewelry and such. If you need advice about a business from now on, a good place to start is the Better Business Bureau. You can also google the business and see how many people have complained about it. Lastly, they might be listed with the "bad businesses" at www.snopes.com

Good luck.

Are there any work at home jobs that pay well? I don't mean some get rich quick rip offs or "start your own business at home" job. I mean something that pays you to work from the internet at home. Or maybe even some other kind of honest work at home job whether it be a simple task or a job where they train you.

I'm an actor and for me it's been a struggle finding a job that allows me to make some necessary income while practicing my craft. I'm not lazy and if I need to I will do nine to five work, but it would mean leaving the field I love because I'm too old to do both.

I'm sure this is a problem that other members of Thrifty Fun who are in the acting field have faced or are facing. I'm not a dreamer. I have succeeded in my craft. I've done stage, film, and television, but despite popular belief we don't all make as much as Tom Cruise. Any feedback from actors or non-actors with incite?

Victor

My husband and I are musical entertainers, and we have recently started working part-time for a homestaffing company, as companions to the elderly. They are willing to work around our schedule, and we can choose the shifts we want to work. The pay is not great, but it's extra money when we need it most. Best of all, we don't have to "bring the job home" or do any intense planning. We like the arrangement!

Good luck with your career. Your great attitude should take you far.

I love to see fellow entertainers online!

I have been in show biz for years singing, acting, etc. Are you funny? As stand-up comedienne, I made more money in an hour than my father the doctor! Look into different categories in show biz. You never know. I know of musicians who make arrangements for high school band. They do very well. How about teaching? My brother is a composer, but he also helps develop music software. My husband is an artist, but we also have an antiques store. He sells his art there. How about free lance writing? By working in the outskirts of your craft, you can make more money and still make connections.

I worked for a temp service for years and really enjoyed it. I told them up front that I would be going to auditions. If you give them your best, they will be more wiling to let you off for auditions. They even named me employee of the year!

If you don't mind telling me, what state are you in? It might give me some ideas for resources. Meanwhile, check out http://www.score.org and http://www.sba.gov for business advise.

Break a leg!

Have you thought about joining Avon? Lots of men offer it! I'm disabled and needed to be able to work when I was able to & Avon fits perfectly. No set hours, no inventory to keep, no meetings to attend, no quotas.

It's something to consider.

I am looking to earn some extra money, does anyone know of any legitimate companies that give out piece work which I can do at home?
I am not looking for sewing as I don't sew. I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

By EM from Toronto, ON

You don't have to sew. But if you do other crafts, you might want to advertise that you can support busy crafters.

I for one, would love to be able to hire someone to make certain items I plan to sell on my website. I can't right now, but perhaps soon.

Others might be in a position to hire you to roll yarn, cut fabric squares, find unique supplies in shops where you live, string beads, or a myriad of other things they can't find the time to do.

If you are a clean person and love to cook, could you do something to help a local caterer? Do you love to iron? A lot of men don't have the time or desire to do that and will pay well for the service.

Can you organize files? Are you really good at editing photos and have a good scanner?

I would think of the things you do and love to do, then find a niche for professionals who are too busy to do the small stuff.

You could call your services Rent-A-Yenta. Believe it or not, if you google this you will find dozens of businesses with this name.

Good luck! I hope this helped.

In a recent post about extra income, a guest poster named Alica said "I'm not sure what area you live in, but I live in the Midwest, where we have LOTS of rivers and lakes and fishing is quite
popular. I work at home for a fly company spooling their fly thread, it's just part-time." How would I find out more about this type of work?

SueWho2

http://www.flyf  ying/bobbins.htm hope this site helps :)