Liquid Foundation On White Cotton Jumper

I have a liquid foundation stain on a white cotton jumper and have had no luck in getting it out! Bleaching was unsuccessful so I'm hoping someone has a miracle solution as this is a favourite jumper.

Susan from Sydney

Answers:

Makeup on Collars or Clothes: Apply a small amount of shaving cream to the stain (figure B) and work in using your thumbs. If this doesn't remove the entire stain, add rubbing alcohol to the mix and let it set on the area. Make sure the stain is completely removed before putting the garment into the washer. (found on www.diynetwork.com - Queen of Clean) (01/18/2005)

By jokestersn

Not sure about on white, but my granddaughter once dumped an entire bottle of foundation on my living room chair, which is apolstered in a chenille type fabric. I used an automotive apolstery cleaner figuring it had a degreaser in it. It took a while because it was so much, but did take it out. Just a thought. (01/19/2005)

By Tina Q.

I would try Dawn Dish Detergent. This works well on oil type stains. Just apply to the area, rub lightly and launder as usual. May have to do this more than once. (01/19/2005)

By Ann4

I know this sounds ridiculous, but spray the spot with oven cleaner (in a well-ventilated room), wait ten minutes and then launder. You may need to do it more than once but don't leave the oven cleaner on too long. Restaurant chefs use this to get stains out of their white jackets. (01/19/2005)

By Linda

Puddles of liquid foundation makeup on a white background.  One is shaped like a heart.
Cleaning Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing
Three brightly colored bras in a row.
Saving Money on Bras
Woman Applying Foundation Makeup
Finding Good Inexpensive Foundation Makeup
Cans of different colored paint.
Painting a Concrete Foundation
Removing Permanent Marker from Hair
Flair Pen on Cotton Clothing
🎉
🎄