Thinning Foundation Make-up

Category Foundation
Over time liquid foundation make-up can thicken. It may be possible to thin it down a bit and make it more easy to apply. This page contains some suggestions for thinning your foundation.

I have a favorite well known brand of make-up that seems to have gotten thicker than I like, is there any thing you can add to it to thin it out?

Answers

Best Answer

Trial & error, depending what you prefer.

You could try thinning your foundation with primer, rosewater or fix+. I also heard of RCMA foundation thinner.

You could also go to Sephora and ask if they have any recommendations or find a good foundation that works for you. They also provide free samples for you to take home if you request to try it out before purchasing.

Best Answer

When I used foundation, I used a few drops of witch hazel to thin it. It work well for me. Nice bonus was it gave it a refreshing boost.

Best Answer

This is a common problem and is easily fixable without purchasing a 'thinner'.

I have never tried Pghgirl's suggestion using Witch Hazel but it sounds like a good thing to try.
First - do not mix a lot at a time but maybe either a small amount in a separate container or just what you will use each application.
Try adding a few drops of 'thinner' until you reach the amount that works for your foundation. I always use an eye dropper or a medicine dropper as these are easily controlled for number of drops added.
These are usually inexpensive (sometimes found at Dollar Tree) but you can also find these with small containers if you wish to mix for several days.

www.amazon.com/.../s?k=eye+dropper&tag=thrif06-20 (Affiliate Link)

My daughter and I usually use a few drops of our favorite moisturizer and this has always worked great for us.
You should try a couple of different ways to find what works best for you.

Here is a recipe to fix that- answers.yahoo.com/.../index?qid=20120217132340aaff1se

Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips FoundationMay 7, 2020
😷
👒
🌻
🐛
👔

Generated 2020-05-08 22:09:33 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️