Looking for Inexpensive Prom Dresses

Hello, I am a mother with three daughters, two of which are in High School. I am looking for ways to find inexpensive Prom dresses for them.

Thanks,
Marianne

Answers:

Looking for Inexpensive Prom Dresses

You can try calling around to outlet wedding places or just regular wedding gown places and ask be fore going and they usually have cheaper dresses there to buy you can use for prom and such.

Try outlet mall in your search engine and try that, I have found a lot of outlet malls here in Wisconsin that have been very helpful, for my future daughter in law and they had a lot of wedding and other dresses there too. (02/20/2003)

By DeNovi

Looking for Inexpensive Prom Dresses

We have had excellent luck at 2nd hand shops and consignments. Also cousins at a different school might have friends your size who would like to swap for an event. If you plan way ahead you can pick up beautiful gowns at garage sales.

(02/25/2003)

By claudiacy

Looking for Inexpensive Prom Dresses

My cousin finished high school a couple years before I did and I ended up with four or five formals from her (it was helpful that she went to school in another city). When I was done with them I didn't have anybody to pass them on to that would fit them so I dropped them off at GoodWill. I know some people turn their noses up at the idea of getting special occassion wear from there, but it's a great place to find 'diamonds in the rough.' *grin*

When I was getting ready to leave for college my mom and I went formal shopping at a bridal outlet. I purchased a dress that went along with my sense of style and what would work with my body, but was also going to be able to stand 4+ years of fashion. I went a little conservative so I didn't have to worry about the season or the occassion. I think I spent a total of $80 on that gown, but it was well worth it.

This might also be a great opportunity for your girls to learn how to make their own clothing. Wish I had pursued it after home ec myself, would have made my current shirt adventure a little easier. *lol*

Hope this helps! (02/28/2003)

By O-mama

Looking for Inexpensive Prom Dresses

Depending upon the city in which you live, there is The Princess Project, designed for just this situation.
(weblink)http://www.princessproject.org/(/weblink)
Contact this organization to see if they are aware of things like this in your area. (04/01/2003)

By LVR

Looking for Inexpensive Prom Dresses

try (weblink)http://www.fairygodmothersinc.com(/weblink) for gently used gowns.
Good luck,
Gloria (04/07/2003)

By ThriftyFun

Looking for Inexpensive Prom Dresses

Hi Nichelle

You may want to tell her about Becca's Closet. They have two New York chapters. None appear to be near Brooklyn but maybe they could let her know about something closer.

http://www.beccascloset.org/pendchapters.html (05/17/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Looking for Inexpensive Prom Dresses

Estelles has a great selection at great prices (03/03/2005)

By

Looking for Inexpensive Prom Dresses

I got mine at Macy's, on clearance, for $17. Had a small thread loose in the side, I sewed it and it was fine! (Original price of the dress was $280) (05/01/2006)

By marstonmd

Three girls wearing prom dresses.
Saving Money on Prom Dresses
Closet full of prom dresses.
Planning a Prom Dress Re-Sale Event
Bride wearing her wedding dress.
Why Do We Keep Our Wedding Dresses?
A woman wearing a homemade bridesmaid dress.
Making Homemade Bridesmaids Dresses
Couple Going to Prom
Saying Yes to a Prom Invitation
🎉
🎄