Make Powdered Sugar from Granulated Sugar

Powdered sugar can be made from regular sugar in a conventional blender. This way you don't have to buy two types of sugar or make a special trip to the store!

By Diane from Chicago

Answers:

Commercial powdered sugar contains cornstarch; you may not get the same results in your recipes by "powdering" granulated sugar yourself without adding cornstarch to it. (11/12/2008)

By Guest

I never bothered to measure, I just did about a cup at a time and used what I needed for the recipe. I didn't realize there was corn starch in powdered sugar! I checked it out and you should add 2 tbsp to 1 cup of sugar.

Diane from Chicago (11/12/2008)

By bebhinne

Mix one cup of granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons of corn starch. Put them in the blender, cover and blend on the highest speed until it looks like confectioners sugar. It's really that simple. (11/15/2008)

By bebhinne

A sugar mill making powdered sugar.
How to Make Confectioners (Powdered) Sugar
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Making Diabetic Powdered Sugar (Sugar Free)
Softening Granulated Sugar
Softening Granulated Sugar
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
🎉
🎄