Make Your Own Brown Sugar

Save money on brown sugar by making your own. Keep a bottle of molasses on hand and add a little to your white sugar. Mix or put through your food processor and you have brown sugar in a snap. No worries about having to throw away brown sugar when it gets hard. Make your own fresh when you need it.

You can also use your homemade brown sugar to make a great table syrup. Just add 1 to 1 1/4 cup of water to 2 1/2 cups of brown sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.

By Karen from Denver, CO

Answers:

Make Your Own Brown Sugar

Hello thanks, I did this years and years ago, but made it by hand and it was hard to mix it well now with the food processor it makes more sense. Thank you. (09/02/2008)

By deLadyBex

Make Your Own Brown Sugar

I've never made my own brown sugar, but I have had the brown sugar get hard in a canister. I just put a slice of bread it the canister with the sugar. It becomes as good as new. (09/02/2008)

By pattysue

Make Your Own Brown Sugar

I love brown sugar syrup! When making pancakes for my kids, we always prefer good hot brown sugar syrup poured over them with butter, Yummy! Have you tried making hot chocolate syrup for your pancakes too. It take Hershey cooking cocoa, water, and sugar, brought to a boil, sweeten to taste, and it's delicious too... (09/03/2008)

By Glinda

Make Your Own Brown Sugar

I have tried al ot of different syrups over the years and still prefer brown sugar syrup. I grew up eating it as a kid as we didn't have a lot and Mom fixed it special for us. I have added different things at times but prefer it over any other. I've added crushed pecans, crushed walnuts, and a variety of flavors to it also. (09/03/2008)

By Crafty Chrissy

Make Your Own Brown Sugar

I agree with pattysue. There is no need to throw out brown sugar. If it is hard, just put a slice of bread in the container. I keep mine in a tupperware box, but the bag is good too. I have also heard that a slice of apple works too, but I prefer to use a crust of bread. The bread just dries up, and then you toss it. (09/03/2008)

By louel53

Make Your Own Brown Sugar
Brown Sugar
Making Brown Sugar
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
🎉
🎄