Making Bows From Magazines

The covers and pages of magazines can be recycled into colorful gift bows. This is a guide about making bows from magazines.

December 17, 2012 Flag

Did you know that magazine covers can be curled just like curling ribbon? I'm sure you have tons of magazines around. Get cracking with the strips of paper, scissors, and glue sticks. It looks fabulous especially when some are left straight.

Clever thinking ~ Will definitely try this.

How did you put this one together?

Very cute idea thanksfor sharing.

I love this idea! I am putting some youtube.com video on here, to show how to go about it. This is so wonderful, and I really dislike buying bows, I love to make them like you do!

http://youtu.be/xNi31agzsfA

Thank you so much for this!

December 24, 2009 Flag

Create a package bow from a colorful magazine page. A great way to recycle your magazines and will work for any occasion.

Approximate Time: About 30 minutes

Instructions:

Cut a magazine page lengthwise into 9 strips that are 3/4 and wide. Leave 3 of the strips full length. Cut one inch off 3 of the strips. Cut two inches off 2 of the strips. Cut the last strip down to 3 1/2 and long. Twist each strip to form a loop at both ends and staple it in the center (see photo).

Shape the last, short strip into a circle and secure it with a glue dot or hot glue. Layer the 3 longest pieces on top of each other, spacing them evenly and securing each with a glue dot or hot glue. Add the next two groups of pieces, doing the same. And finally, glue the loop into the center.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

This is brilliant!

Thanks for that! You could use regular ribbon too and make them larger even.

I think I'm going to make these to use on gifts for my annual Christmas party! Thanks for the great idea!

Crafts Gifts Ribbons & BowsJanuary 1, 2013
Mr. and Mrs. SantaMade From Reader's Digest Magazines
Mr. and Mrs. Santa Made from Reader's Digest Magazines
Making Gift Bows
Making Bows for Gifts
Crafts Made With Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Wire-Edged Ribbon Bow
Making Decorative Bows
🎉
🎄