Making Money by Stuffing Envelopes at Home

Sepia tint image of a stack of white envelopes
People looking for work from home jobs have been tempted to consider envelop stuffing opportunities. Many such offers are often a scam. This is a guide about making money by stuffing envelopes at home.

I sent $40.00 for envelope stuffing material and got back nothing but a "Secret Home Employment Guide". The offer was supposed to be money back guaranteed. Ha ha! HUGE SCAM! Don't answer newspaper ads from America Publishing, New Haven, CT. Trust me.

By deerasha from Smithville, OK

Top Comment

Write or call the CT. attorney general's office. Send them copies of all your info. You can do this by email I think. They will take care of it if they can. It is their job! We do not have to put up with these kinds of scams.

http://www.ct.g  site/default.asp

Top Comment

The consumer advocates on your local TV stations can warn others even if they can't do anything about it. Most TV stations do have a legal analyst who can advise you.

Top Comment

I found out years ago, that if some company or person asks for money for a service that you are performing for them then find something else that makes sense.

Are there any legit companies that need envelope stuffers and in home mailers?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

You could search for them.

https://www.ind  uffing-jobs.html

Yes, because I used to have a gig doing that! ;)

Check here:

https://www.ind  uffing-jobs.html

There are, but there are lots of scams. Be very careful of any company that charges you fees up front.

increasingly, these are scams and pyramid schemes of various kinds. We ironically live in a world that requires less envelope stuffing than in years past.

To make extra money doing random small stuff you're better off going to Amazon Mechanical Turks, Fiverr.com, where you can sell a service you provide for cheap/free, and inboxdollars is a site where you can get pennies for doing different promo tasks

i do not believe there is very much need for this type of job anymore and this just means someone is trying to get your money while giving you nothing in return. There are at home jobs out there but most as low pay and many require certain "skills". A lot of people do survey jobs because they are easy and can be done almost anytime of day or night but they do pay a lot of money. it can add up if you meet their most wanted age/family group.

Have you thought of trying to sell items on eBay? Most people have some items clothing/appliances/collectibles laying around that might bring in a small sum every once in a while. You can even use your smartphone for listing and uploading photos. Just a thought.

Are there any, stuffing envelope, work at home sites that are not a scam?

By Tamie from Nashville, TN

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Making money at home by stuffing envelopes is a scam. There are mass marketers that do that as well as design and print the flyer. They are automated so they can print and address them by the hundreds in just minutes and at a fraction of the cost of someone trying to stuff an envelope at home.

I am just inquiring if anyone out there has researched or has stuffed envelopes at home. Thinking of doing so for extra income. Any advice?

Editor's Note: There does not appear to be any legitimate envelope stuffing opportunities on the Internet. They all require money up front and often do not send you anything in return. The ones that are real appear to be only available in your local area. Please post your own experiences below, good or bad.

Please do not post your email address for people to contact you directly.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Is there any legitimate envelope stuffing company out there?

Tony

Answers:

Envelope Stuffing Companies

In a word. "NO". I've been burned many times and have found other ways to earn money at home without the risk of being taken.

(06/22/2007)

By Denise

Envelope Stuffing Companies

NO! (06/22/2007)

By Jannie

Envelope Stuffing Companies

I once replied to an ad about envelope stuffing and received a reply requesting $19.00 for a list of companies that supposedly needed help. I never responded to it. That was about 20 years ago. The only people who make money are the ones who place the ad - this scam has been around a long time. (06/22/2007)

By Cindy S.

Envelope Stuffing Companies

You might try a local printing company. Most of them do what is called "bindery" work which consists of putting together the printed job in a final work. If they do much work for missionaries or someone who has a mailing list, then they do a lot of envelope stuffing. I worked for a printing company for 12 years as a typesetter and lay-out person. And believe me, when I wasn't busy, I did my share of envelope stuffing. The owners even brought in their kids to help sometimes. (06/22/2007)

By Noella

Envelope Stuffing Companies

No, no and No, it's a complete scam. No matter what you have heard, it is seriously a scam, scam, scam. Now you are in the KNOW, say, NO NO NO! (06/22/2007)

By hedera

Envelope Stuffing Companies

I have never seen one that is legitimate. They make it sound so good, but you know the old saying: "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!" Just use logical thinking and you will realize it doesn't make sense. Why would someone send you Envelopes with preprinted labels to attach, stamps to put on the envelopes and pages of whatever to insert in the envelopes so that you can simply stuff the envelopes and take them to the Post Office to mail them. If they do all the rest, how much more time would it take them to stick the stuff in the envelope and seal it? There are so many people looking for work at home jobs, that if they are legitimate, there is a waiting list for openings. and they certainly would not have to advertise for people to do the work.

I worked for Neilson's Coupon Clearing House years ago. I was not a homeworker, and we processed Moneyback Offers, and Promotional orders that involved product labels, etc. for gift items. However, they did hire homeworkers to type up address labels. The ladies would pick up the lists, type up the labels, attach them to envelopes and return them to us to complete the orders in house. They used only local people and always had a waiting list for employment. This was in Clinton, Iowa, and I am not sure it they still do this or not. I worked there in 1963.
(06/28/2007)

By Harlean from Arkansas

Envelope Stuffing Companies

I am looking at a envelope stuffing from home program right now. I did not sign up for it because it costs $49.95 for a list of "legitimate" companies and they say they include a list of companies to stay away from. They have a 6 month money back guarantee and say that even if your money is returned to you, you keep the names of the companies and can continue making money with the "legitimate" companies. They have a contact us so I wrote them an email and am waiting on a reply. I have ventured into one of these companies in the past and at the time did not know that I had to FIND the names and addresses my self and pay $50.00 for 500 names. So I am very, very leery about any company that you have to pay for. Yes I have fallen for a few of them myself but I have learned, that if they have no way of contacting them for questions or information, they NOT legitimate companies. The one I am looking at right now that I sent the email to is hazelpeppergood.com. So if anyone has tried them and checked into them, please let me know. If I get the response I hope for and find out more about this company or advertisement I will let you all know if it is legitimate or not. I know this, I am tired of working 7 days a week, 10 to 12 hour days, to make someone else rich. I have no life and will be getting married again to a wonderful man and I want to be able to have time to spend with him so I am looking for anything at this point that I can do out of my home. (04/16/2008)

By Saphy

Answers:

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I was thinking about that too (stuffing envelopes), my mom and I found that most of them were rip offs! You have to send them money first and you just hope that they are on the up and up!
My mom tried the assemble products at home and she didn't think it was worth it, because they can and do reject most of the products no matter how much time and effort you put into it. I'd find something else to do! (05/16/2005)

By pakjc

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I have checked into several places that say they pay you to stuff envelopes. I couldn't find any that were legitimate and actually paid you the money they owed you. Look for something else. (05/17/2005)

By maggiemay

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

When I was younger, I checked into this several times. They always wanted your money in order to make money. They are all gimmicks! Stay away! (05/19/2005)

By Suzi Homemaker

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

You'd have better luck going to yard sales, garage sales, rummage sales, tag sales, whatever they're called in your area. Buy gently used items and resell them on Ebay or have your own yard sale.

Stuffing envelopes is kinda like that ad in the newspaper every once in a while they run for postal jobs. A few years back, my husband sent in the required cash for it and got a 3" thick stack of papers, listing jobs available in about every state in the U.S., but ours. Don't fall for those scams, they're just out for your money.

You might try baby sitting, house sitting, or pet sitting. Could you work as a house keeper or someone to run errands for those that are shut-in, or those that are too busy to do their own errands? (05/20/2005)

By badwater

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I have looked into this also and already sent in the money they ask for first. I came back online to try to find them to print out their disclaimer and I can't find them anywhere. It probably is a scam and I wasted $24.95 on them. Money that I could really use now with a baby on the way. They promised me $4 per envelope I stuffed, the more I read about it the more idiotic I feel. I wish that I had taken everyone's advice and just stayed away. (09/07/2005)

By Crystal

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

The funny about stuffing envelopes is if you hear of someone "Really doing it" even they 9 times out of 10 are lying. I have a niece that has a friend that told her she made 5 dollars an envelope. All she had to do was call the 1(800) number give your address and they send you out the letter explaining the program plus the form to fill out to get started.

Do you know in our family we were all so excited because her friend couldn't be lying that not only did my husband and I get involved but so did my sister-in-law and our nephew. Let me tell you I have tried many different stuffing envelopes scams to find out that was just what they were scams. In the 10 years I have looked to find one I still haven't and do you know why? There aren't any thats why trust me. (09/17/2005)

By Diane

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

Hey I understand where you are coming from. I'm pregnant and would love to help my husband out. The thing I do is search for the information. If there's a direct phone # to a real person, or a direct address (not a po box), and of course an email address, then I might look into it, if not I won't! I got cheated. I looked up the website to nationwide c.s. inc. It was too late after I sent my money, to see how many more other people were scammed and ripped off before me. (11/11/2005)

By Cyn

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

Okay,
Maybe they're not a scam (which I highly doubt). I'm sure you're making money. And I'm sure that because you're enjoying the money so much you don't mind sending people the information you bought to start this program except you receive the money now don't you? Not the company you paid. It's called Chain Mail!

Anyway, let me ask you for this guarantee: You say it's stuffing envelopes right? So guarantee that if I sign up I don't need to mail the envelopes because that would be a job other than stuffing them and I don't need to advertise for anything or print out anything from my computer to put into the envelopes right?

That would make the whole "Envelope Stuffing" a lie. By the way, who knows if my message will even be up on this site because "We need to approve all guest feedback and it may take from minutes to hours for that to happen" is what is stated above. What a coincidence, if the people who have these business scams actually run this website to manipulate your every day person. Maybe some of these mothers writing in are scam artists laughing at the stupidity of mankind.

I know a few organizations that distribute millions of letters a year. 1.They use machines, 2. If they are using humans they work on the business premises (Can you imagine what may happen if someone was putting in other information? Think about this from a company point of view), 3. The last time I saw someone stuffing envelopes legitimately from home was after they worked for such a company for about 30 years, were retiring and the company allowed them to do it from home. It was 15 years ago!

Save your money, do a data entry or bookkeeping course and work from home. There's plenty of courses (SHORT and can be done day, night or weekends) even for those out there with half a brain cell that can create income from home. WAKE UP! People like Donald Trump love people like you because you allow them to rise to wealth. Think about it. Just like the rich writing books on how to become rich. They don't want people to be rich, then there's less money for them to reach for. The poor and stupid make the rich rich. It's called book sales to lazy people who want to make money easy and realize after the book that it's not. "What a great book though!" Yeah, just create more sales for them by doing the pitch to others yourself. HA! Think about it.

Editor's Note: Faye, I have edited your post a little, taking out a swear word or two and some name calling. If we didn't approve guest posts, your eyes would be burning by some of the pornographic posts we get. (Probably teenagers having a good time. We do our best to steer our readers clear of scams but it's always a good idea to check things out thoroughly. Basically, if it sounds to good to be true, it is.

- Susan from ThriftyFun (12/05/2005)

By Faye

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I was doing one for about a month and they were paying me 3800 a week, but after my last box came 3 weeks ago they never sent any more. I did receive all my checks. Most of the time it is a company that pays these people to send out the advertisement and after it is done there is not more. And you have to look for a new company (12/10/2005)

By Tracy P.

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I recently came across a website www.mailingprogram.com I paid for the program which guarantees $10 per envelope. I am still waiting to receive my package in the mail. It says it takes 7-21 business days to get. Its been...9 business days. We'll see what happens I guess. I have a new daughter and I don't want to put her in daycare while I go out to work full time. We really need the money so I hope this place is legit. Anyone had any luck with this site? (01/04/2006)

By Crystal

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

When it come to stuffing envelopes at home please go to scambusters.com If you have to pay out your pocket to work it's a scam. (01/13/2006)

By Shawna

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

It is easy to check them out at the BBB website. I have research many companies with them and they are all scams so far. Some even misrepresent them selves as being a member of the BBB. So just because they say they are with the BBB doesn't mean that they are! (01/25/2006)

By Marissa

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

If you must make money stuffing envelopes, Go into the commission mailing business. You don't get payed for every envelope just a commission if one of the products on the circulars sells. I do it every day from home. But it takes work! Email me if you want more info at moneymailerads @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) (01/25/2006)

By Marissa

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I sent in $39.95 in early November. Hoping to get the stuff and start earning some money. But now its been almost 2 months and I haven't heard or gotten anything. I was hoping that this was a legitimate one. But it looks like another bad one.

Editor's Note: Hey Diana, let us know who they are and we'll see what we can find out. At the very least we can warn others that these people don't follow through and it is money wasted.
Susan from ThriftyFun (01/27/2006)

By Diana F

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I have seen a lot of these "envelope stuffing jobs". I also seen a lot of alerts saying that these are the biggest scams. I wouldn't do it, but you can google search and see all kinds of articles from telling that these are marketing scams and that they make their money by getting you to pay for their kit. These sites also say that most companies needed to stuff envelopes there use machines to do this. Just a word of caution. (02/20/2006)

By Veronica

Mad Dog Media

Mad dog media is a scam. I sent money, didn't get anything. (03/03/2006)

By natalie

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

Find out what the going price in your area is to sit for a child younger than school age. You will find out you can make a good amount of money while you are staying home anyway. Edie
PS You will work hard for it but be at home. Remember a must is to charge for late pickup. (08/20/2006)

By edieparks

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

Hello everyone. I have a question from the 2/17/2007 post. I just read this post. Your mentioned that your best friend's grandfather started "stuffing envelopes" and it got very big for him. Please send me a reply as soon as possible. I would like to know more about this information. (04/27/2007)

By Harold

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I was one of those unfortunate ones scammed, lied to, and ripped off. Don't do it people. They are just after your money! (11/30/2007)

By Rachel

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I would love to find a legitimate job stuffing envelopes. I am a stay at home mother with three children and a blind mother I take care of. I have had back surgery also. Every where I have looked for a job working from home (stuffing envelopes) has been a gimmick for money in there pockets. So anyone looking needs to find something else. (01/29/2008)

By Debra H.

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

Basically, it is all a scam. I have researched and invested. Not good people. Also, be careful of paying for information on companies, these are most likely a scam. If the company does not have a physical address and a phone number to call, it doesn't exist. good luck (02/20/2008)

By Mr. Joe

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I want to know why is it that all these work from home jobs want you paid them first and then you can start working I want to find one that where you can start working and then get paid because that's just the craziest thing. When you go and look for a job the regular way they don't ask for money up front because that's not how it works, and if that was to happen then a lot of us would be out of work. With the cost of living going up and gas going up nobody has any money to be just giving away like that I think it's a great idea to work from home but wanting the money before you get the job is just down right crazy.

Editor's Note: Many of these are ways that people are making money from home, by taking your money! We haven't found any that seem to be good but will let you all know if we do. If you have sent your money to one that hasn't done anything, make sure you complain to your states attorney or attorney general. (06/06/2008)

By Lateshia

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I was thinking about the stuff envelopes at home program my cuz aunt was doing it and also assembling products she made good money, but the thing is she passed away not too long ago. I do not know the company that she was with I wished I did I could shed some light on the situation.

I would like to find a company that has no start up fee as with the living cost going up it is hard on one income once a month. I do wish that the people on this site would share names of the companies that ripped them off so others would know after reading this site though I think I will stay clear of envelope stuffing. (07/10/2008)

By tt

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I do agree that all the envelope stuffing jobs appear to be scams. It's just sad the way companies and people thrive and eat off your desperation to enhance their own banks. (09/20/2008)

By Michele

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I haven't found a legit one yet. DO NOT go to Loesmarketing. They charge almost 50.00 and promise a lot of things that they don't keep. (09/21/2008)

By Beya218

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

Stuffing envelopes, huh! It's all a lie! I tried it and got ripped off. I'm a stay at home mom and I'm still looking for a job a home without a fee, Lol. Please if anyone has found a job or knows about one without a fee, even if it's stuffing envelopes, reply back. Thanx or email me at bernicermz_214 AT yahoo.com (10/24/2008)

By Bernice

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I was riding in a cab in 2008 and that was the time the economy was in recession. The driver told me that her friend gets paid for sitting at home stuffing envelopes. She wouldn't give me any info but told me to look it up or browse through the web.

I'm willing to stuff envelopes and mail them out if the price is right. Thanks an at home wife: Email shynia_frazier2007 AT comcast.net (01/07/2009)

By Aileen F.

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I tried a lot for doing some work at home. Nothing came in my hand because every company here wants a membership as they want the fees. I thought and I came to the conclusion that why would I pay for a job because I'm here to earn something. So now I'm searching for a honest company with not taking fees. Help me if someone knows about it. (01/19/2009)

By Angel

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

I found a website that talks about those work at home jobs and it informs you of the ones to avoid and they give you some suggestions. You can check it out at: http://careerjobs.bizland.com (07/27/2009)

By frivvy89

Stuffing Envelopes at Home

Forget Stuffing Envelopes At Home, these programs are all scams, yes I was scammed by these kinds of programs. Instead complete surveys, these are good fun and pay well and you can also get free products after testing these products they are yours to keep they also give gift cards as incentives, you can save money on buying things from receiving these gift cards that you have earned. I find this kind of work most rewarding and fun and it is free to join, to find these surveys just type in Surveys in your browser, focus groups are also fun and pay very well, I have earned hundreds at a time by going to these focus groups. (02/03/2010)

By angel4022