Making Peach Cobbler for a Large Group

Fruit cobblers are an excellent dessert choice if you are serving a large group. This is a guide about making peach cobbler for a large group.

Peach Cobbler served in a glass dish.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

February 15, 2008 Flag

Does anyone have a recipe for a peach cobbler that will feed about 60 people? I want something quick and with as few ingredients as possible. Thank you.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Just as you can divide a recipe to make it smaller, you can multiply one to make more. Just find a recipe you like, check for the amount of servings, and multiply to come as close to 60 as possible. Very simple.

Allrecipes.com is great for increasing or decreasing recipes and they do have a great assortment of recipes to choose from. The only problem is that while you can increase the ingredients based on servings, the recipe is not modified to show any increase in mixing bowl or pan size or number of pans needed so you'll need to be ready for that. The Southern Peach Cobbler recipe (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Southern-Peach-Cobbler/Detail.aspx) seems to be more of what you are looking for in ingredients. When you increase the servings to 60 you can break it down into 4 large lasagna pans. If you don't have a super restaurant size oven or 3 friends who'd each take a pan to back, I'd suggest baking them one pan at a time and since the mixture will be larger in each pan that the original recipe, it might take 45 to 60 minutes per pan. Hope that helps.

I don't know about for 60 people but I know about easy and taste great.

Quick Cobbler

any fruit in a can ( I use 2 cans for a 9x13)

1 C bisquick

1 C sugar

1 egg

pats of butter

cinnamon optional

Pour fruit into 9x13 pan. Mix together bisquick, sugar and egg til crumble stage. Sprinkle on top of fruit and then put pats of butter. Bake 350 degrees until top is golden brown.

Best cobbler I have had. Good luck!

you will find them here that yield 100 servings : http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en& ... G=Search&sitesearch=www.tpub.com

then,use this clever recipe size converter to size it down! http://www.thatsmyhome.com/recipes/converter.htm

or,make the full recipe & plan on leftovers.A little work to do but not impossible!

Read More Answers...

November 18, 2010 Flag

I need a simple peach cobbler recipe that I can prepare ahead to serve 300 at a church thanksgiving lunch. Any other simple recipe would suffice. Help!

By Sheela from Atlanta, GA

"Floating cobbler" might be best for you. I will give the recipe for five people and you can double it.

In a casserole dish melt one stick of butter. Then make a batter of one cup bisquick, one cup milk and one cup sugar. open one can of sliced peaches in heavy syrup. Add the batter to the butter. Do not stir. Add the peaches to the batter then criss cross the spoon three times and bake until the top is crusty. You can make this in disposable aluminum pans. I think you could put a double batch in each pan. that would make you needing 30 cobblers. This cobbler is great with cherries, pineapple (my favorite) or blackberries.

Lilac you need to think a bit on that comment. If your recipe is for 5 people. The poster needs to feed 300. 30 cobblers will feed 150. So she needs 60 not 30.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking PastriesJune 20, 2013
Square of peach cobbler on a plate with whipped cream on the side.
Peach Cobbler Recipes
Bowl of berry cobbler with fresh raspberries and blackberries on top.
Raspberry Cobbler Recipes
Kabobs for a Large Group
Calculating Ingredients When Feeding Large Group
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 12:12:18 AM on 10.0.0.6 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.