Making Purses Out of Candy Wrappers

I have seen some origami "fabric" made out of sweet papers (candy papers), but cannot find out how to make them. I want to make a handbag or purse with these for a recycling show due here in Wrexham in June.

I cannot find any instructions for the origami, how to make into "fabric", or how to make the purse. However, it is the origami part I really really want to know how to do. Does anyone know where I can get these instructions please?

By Karen from Wrexham, Wales, UK

Making Purses Out of Candy Wrappers

Here's a link to directions on You Tube:
There are others on the website too. Go to and do a search. Hope this helps. (04/28/2010)

By Momof1

Butter in Foil Wrapper
Reusing Butter Wrappers
Colorful Candy Wrappers
Candy Wrapper Crafts
Pink Purse on White Background
Repairing Purses
A Christmas wreath made from neckties.
Crafts Using Neckties