Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Making Whipped Cream Cheese

You don't have to buy whipped cream cheese for your recipes. It can be made cheaper, when needed, at home. This is a guide about making whipped cream cheese.

March 1, 2010 Flag

Here's how to make your own whipped cream cheese instead of paying extra for it at the market. Beat cream cheese in a bowl while slowly adding 3 to 4 tablespoons of milk per 8 ounces of cream cheese. It's as easy, peasy as that. ;-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I tried this method but the result was too thin for my taste. I suggest slowly adding milk until the desired consistency is achieved. My personal taste is about 1 ounce of milk per 8 ounces of cream cheese.

I cannot find Philadelphia "Whipped" cream cheese in "Fat Free". I bought some Fat Free and am looking on ways to make it into a "Whipped" version. I do not know what to add to the fat free cream cheese in order to whip it; fat free milk? Thanks.

By John from Saint Augustine, FL

According to the links below use:

3 to 4 tablespoons milk

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

Source:

http://thethink  ream-cheese.html

http://www.tast  ped-Cream-Cheese

I believe the whipped cream cheese is simply that - whipped cream cheese, nothing added. The company is simple "saving" you the whipping step when they sell the whipped product. Soften the cream cheese (leave it out of the refrigerator for about 1 hour) and beat it until fluffy. If you have a stand up mixer with a whisk attachment, this is best.

I am so curious why it needs to be whipped ;-) At any rate, just hand whisk or beat with an egg beater with a couple of tablespoons of non-fat or low-fat milk :-)

OK first, in order to make your cream cheese light and airy like what is in the market you must first add air (to make it light and fluffy). I you add ordinary milk it will only make it thin. i do not think that is very appealing.

You need low fat whipping cream. Whipping cream doubles when whipped by allowing air this produces a very light and of course airy product. For example, if you want to make homemade whipped cream you would add confectioners sugar to heavy whipping cream. one sm. carton of cream will produce a lot of whipped cream.

So go with the low fat whipping cream or low fat heavy whipping cream. Thanks, Carla

Food and Recipes Food Tips DairyFebruary 27, 2013
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Freezing Whipped Cream. Making Whipped Cream
Freezing Whipped Cream
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Frozen Whipped Topping on Blueberries
Using Frozen Whipped Topping
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 23, 2017 at 11:10:17 PM on 10.0.2.28 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.