Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Making Whipped Cream Cheese

Whipped Cream Cheese

You don't have to buy whipped cream cheese for your recipes. It can be made cheaper, when needed, at home. This is a guide about making whipped cream cheese.

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Making Whipped Cream Cheese

Here's how to make your own whipped cream cheese instead of paying extra for it at the market. Beat cream cheese in a bowl while slowly adding 3 to 4 tablespoons of milk per 8 ounces of cream cheese. It's as easy, peasy as that. ;-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Share Your Feedback: Once you try any of the above solutions, be sure to come back and give a "thumbs up" to the one that worked the best for you. Do you have a better solution? Click "Share a Solution" above!

Here are questions related to Making Whipped Cream Cheese.

Question: Whipped Cream Cheese

I cannot find Philadelphia "Whipped" cream cheese in "Fat Free". I bought some Fat Free and am looking on ways to make it into a "Whipped" version. I do not know what to add to the fat free cream cheese in order to whip it; fat free milk? Thanks.

By John from Saint Augustine, FL

Most Recent Answer

By carla12/01/2009

OK first, in order to make your cream cheese light and airy like what is in the market you must first add air (to make it light and fluffy). I you add ordinary milk it will only make it thin. i do not think that is very appealing.

You need low fat whipping cream. Whipping cream doubles when whipped by allowing air this produces a very light and of course airy product. For example, if you want to make homemade whipped cream you would add confectioners sugar to heavy whipping cream. one sm. carton of cream will produce a lot of whipped cream.

So go with the low fat whipping cream or low fat heavy whipping cream. Thanks, Carla