Share Crafts

Making a Banana Split

Banana Split

Perfect for sharing, the banana split is delightfully simple dessert to prepare. Put your own spin n this classic dessert by combining your favorite ice cream and topping flavors over a sliced banana. This is a guide about making a banana split.

Solutions: Making a Banana Split

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Banana Splits for Valentine's Day

Banana SplitsI started a tradition when my oldest son was 4 years old. Since our "sweethearts" are our children, we celebrate Valentines Day by having BANANA SPLITS for dinner! I make sure to have anything a person could desire for toppings.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Recipe: Crunchy Banana Splits

• 2 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
  • 5 tsp. butter or margarine, melted
  • 4 tsp. finely chopped pecans
  • 5 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
  • 5 medium ripe bananas, quartered
  • 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
  • whipped topping or maraschino cherries

In a bowl, combine the cornflakes, butter and pecans. Drop ice cream by 1/2 cupfuls into cornflake mixture and roll into a ball. Place two banana quarters in each dessert dish. Top with an ice cream ball, chocolate syrup, whipped topping and a cherry.

By Robin from Washington, IA

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Making a Banana Split.

Question: Can I Serve Banana Splits in Paper Hot Dog Boats?

I need a dish to serve banana splits in for my Red Hat party. Does anyone know if the paper/light-weight cardboard "boats" (like the ones hot dogs or fries are served in) are waterproof enough to serve an ice cream dessert? If not, any other ideas of a dish to use? I need about 25 for our group, but the plastic banana split boats at the restaurant supply come in stacks of 250 - way too many for our use.

By Melody from Oak Ridge, TN

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Melody Bressler-Hay 19 59 07/28/2011

Thanks for all the input. Did get some sample paper boats and they held up pretty well for anywhere from 5 minutes to about 15+. It was very individual and they were all the same company, too. This might work well for a kids party where they inhale the food, ice cream included but not for my Red Hat ladies - we talk too much while were eating to finish in 5 minutes (and the talking is the best part! :-} )

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No