Browsing: Making a Banana Split

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Making a Banana Split

Perfect for sharing, the banana split is delightfully simple dessert to prepare. Put your own spin n this classic dessert by combining your favorite ice cream and topping flavors over a sliced banana. This is a guide about making a banana split.

Banana Split
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

February 5, 2009 Flag

I started a tradition when my oldest son was 4 years old. Since our "sweethearts" are our children, we celebrate Valentines Day by having BANANA SPLITS for dinner! I make sure to have anything a person could desire for toppings.

Banana Splits

June 30, 2011 Flag

I need a dish to serve banana splits in for my Red Hat party. Does anyone know if the paper/light-weight cardboard "boats" (like the ones hot dogs or fries are served in) are waterproof enough to serve an ice cream dessert? If not, any other ideas of a dish to use? I need about 25 for our group, but the plastic banana split boats at the restaurant supply come in stacks of 250 - way too many for our use.

By Melody from Oak Ridge, TN

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Is there an ice cream shop in your area that would sell you just the bowls in the quantity that you need? Maybe a Dairy Queen or Frosty Freeze? The other suggestion would be to buy all different types of bowls at a thrift shop for practically nothing, and send the bowls home as a favor (after they get washed of course!)

No, they are to thin. It will soak through! They do sell plastic hotdog containers at the dollar stores and Walmart for either 2 for a dollar or 4 for a dollar. I also like the previous post of getting random bowls at a thrift store!

Why don't you do some research and find out for yourself? You'll get to eat both ice cream and hotdogs.

Thanks for all the input. Did get some sample paper boats and they held up pretty well for anywhere from 5 minutes to about 15+. It was very individual and they were all the same company, too. This might work well for a kids party where they inhale the food, ice cream included but not for my Red Hat ladies - we talk too much while were eating to finish in 5 minutes (and the talking is the best part! :-} )

Read More Answers...

June 29, 2007 Flag

Ingredients

• 2 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
  • 5 tsp. butter or margarine, melted
  • 4 tsp. finely chopped pecans
  • 5 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
  • 5 medium ripe bananas, quartered
  • 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
  • whipped topping or maraschino cherries

Directions

In a bowl, combine the cornflakes, butter and pecans. Drop ice cream by 1/2 cupfuls into cornflake mixture and roll into a ball. Place two banana quarters in each dessert dish. Top with an ice cream ball, chocolate syrup, whipped topping and a cherry.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts Ice CreamNovember 12, 2013
Split Tree
Saving a Split Tree
Banana Split Bites
Making Banana Split Bites
Sliced banana bread on a cutting board.
Freezing Banana Bread
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 11, 2016 at 12:15:27 AM on 10.0.0.92 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.