Making a No-Sew Fleece Scarf

Category Scarves
Because you don't really need to hem fleece fabric it is a good choice for making quick and easy scarves. This is a guide about making a no-sew fleece scarf.

I always find myself looking at fleece at the fabric store, but I can only make so many blankets. So I decided to start making scarves so that I could still buy the patterns I like. They take up less space too! :)

• 8 in piece of fleece (58"-60" wide)
  • scissors
  • ruler

1. Trim off the selvage edges of the fleece.
  2. Use a ruler to cut fringe that is 1" wide and 3" long.
  3. You can either finish the fringe by knotting it or leave it alone as it will not fray.
  4. Ad

The fleece at the store was 60" wide, she used an eight inch strip of that 60" material, which made the scarf 60 inches long and 8 inches wide.

Videos

Fleece is easy to work with and comes in many colorful patterns. This no sew scarf is a great first project. Learn how to make it in this short video.

The scarf can also be finished by putting pony beads, one to a fringe, in a color that coordinates with the print. Just pull the fringe piece through the bead and the fringe will hold it on. Pony beads are those with large holes in the center, and canbe found in craft stores and departments.

Does anyone know where I can get a print out for some of these projects? I would love a picture also, so that I know what I am doing. There are a few different kinds I would like the plans for.

By Sandy

Best Answer

I don't have a pattern for it, but my friend made me one last year.

It is about 6 inches wide, and about 3 feet long. On the ends, she cut into it in 1 inch strips, about 3-4 inches long, making a 'fringe'.

With the 'fringe', she put coordinating beads on each strip, tying a knot in between some of the beads, and with some of the fringe strips, just putting on beads, and tying a knot at the end, to keep them from coming off (looks sort of like the beaded braids women used to wear).

I love it and get lots of comments when I wear it! Best of luck to you, and hope you find what you are looking for!

Google no-sew fleece scarves or whatever other item you want to make. You should find all kinds of ideas. Also go to the Joann fabrics.com site and look for projects, they might have something.

Try here for simple instructions, pictures, and ideas for more:

http://familycr  eFleeceScarf.htm

Fleece yardage is 56 - 60 inches wide. Cut whatever length you need (I like 12-18 inches wide) across the entire width of the fabric. Mark each end about 3 or 4 inches in and cut strips every 1/2 to 3/4 inch up to the line you have marked. You can tie a know in each strip, or put a bead on each strip, or just leave them be. Easy, warm, fuzzy, and fun!