Making a No-Sew Fleece Scarf

Category Scarves
No-Sew Fleece Scarf - Finished scarf being worn.
Because you don't really need to hem fleece fabric it is a good choice for making quick and easy scarves. This is a guide about making a no-sew fleece scarf.

I always find myself looking at fleece at the fabric store, but I can only make so many blankets. So I decided to start making scarves so that I could still buy the patterns I like. They take up less space too! :)

• 8 in piece of fleece (58"-60" wide)
  • scissors
  • ruler

1. Trim off the selvage edges of the fleece.
  2. Use a ruler to cut fringe that is 1" wide and 3" long.
  3. Ad

4. You can either finish the fringe by knotting it or leave it alone as it will not fray.

Videos

Fleece is easy to work with and comes in many colorful patterns. This no sew scarf is a great first project. Learn how to make it in this short video.

Does anyone know where I can get a print out for some of these projects? I would love a picture also, so that I know what I am doing. There are a few different kinds I would like the plans for.

By Sandy

Best Answer

I don't have a pattern for it, but my friend made me one last year.

It is about 6 inches wide, and about 3 feet long. On the ends, she cut into it in 1 inch strips, about 3-4 inches long, making a 'fringe'.

With the 'fringe', she put coordinating beads on each strip, tying a knot in between some of the beads, and with some of the fringe strips, just putting on beads, and tying a knot at the end, to keep them from coming off (looks sort of like the beaded braids women used to wear).

I love it and get lots of comments when I wear it! Best of luck to you, and hope you find what you are looking for!