Making an Infinity Scarf
This is a guide about making an infinity scarf
. A recycled craft that uses old favorite clothing of all kinds to create a unique scarf.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a recycled craft that would make a great holiday gift. I created this infinity scarf from a long dress that I no longer wanted. I used a cutting mat and rotary cutter, but you could use a ruler and scissors.
Approximate Time: about 1 hour
- long dress
- straight pins
- sewing machine
- cutting mat and rotary cutter (optional)
- Cut 2 rectangles from the dress, each measuring 36 inches long by 15 inches wide.
- Lay one rectangle on top of the other, with rights sides facing and long sides aligned.
- Pin together at one of the short ends and sew along the edge to create a 71-inch long piece of fabric ( I used 1/2 inch seams.)
- Use iron to press the seam open.
- Fold the piece of fabric in half lengthwise with right sides facing and sew along long edge to create a long tube. Press open the seam.
- Turn the tube right side out. Turn under the raw edge of the open end about 1/4 inch, pinning in place as you go. Sew along the pinned down edge to create a nice finished edge.
- With scarf laying flat, twist it once in the center to create a kink. Now, join the short ends by inserting the short end that is sewn together about 1/2 inch into the open short end. Pin in place and then sew together.
- Make your scarf as long or as short as you like. Wrap it a couple of times around your neck, or wear it long and loosely draped.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Related Content(article continues below)
Read More Comments
November 16, 20110 found this helpful
Oh My Gosh! I love this project! I have a couple of dresses in my mending pile that will become a couple of infinity scarves! Thank You!
Use your old or unwanted t-shirts and lightweight sweaters, or knit fabric scraps to make this fun infinity scarf. Keep it simple with solids or get creative with prints or embellished t-shirts.
This is a guide about making a picot crochet infinity scarf. Make this luxurious crocheted scarf for yourself or your best friend.Read More...
This is a guide about making a crochet lattice infinity scarf. The lattice design of this scarf makes it quite lacy in appearance.Read More...
This is a guide about making a summer breeze infinity scarf. This light, lacy infinity scarf is perfect to wear in warm weather to complete your ensemble.Read More...
This is a guide about making a crocheted infinity scarf. The infinity style scarf is very poplar. If you can crochet, even at the beginner level, there are many lovely patterns to choose from.Read More...
Here is a beautiful, yet warm, infinity scarf made out of cozy, soft fleece.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 20, 2017 at 2:06:02 AM on 10.0.2.177 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us