Mark the Top of Fitted Sheets

I have a California king size bed. I hate changing the sheets because I can't find the right way to put the fitted sheet on.

The fitted sheets look square to me. I have one set of sheets that are striped. Those are easy because I know to put the stripes vertical. One day it dawned on me to mark one corner of the other fitted sheets so I could place the sheet on correctly the first time. I used a regular ink pen and on the top corner I wrote the word "Top". I think a sharpie would work too because the ink does not wash off you will be able to see it every time you go to put the sheet on.

By Shirley from Henderson, NV

Mark the Top of Fitted Sheets

I started doing this same thing over a year ago. I also have a Calif. King mattress. I just put a big X on one corner of the fitted sheet. It always goes on the bottom left hand side of the mattress. It works great. I did use a sharpie. (03/11/2009)

By Mary C.

Mark the Top of Fitted Sheets

I also put an X in a corner for flipping the mattress several times year. This is a big help for the 'life' of the mattress. (03/12/2009)

By ms. carmen

Mark the Top of Fitted Sheets

I also mark the sheets and it really makes changing the linens much easier. (03/12/2009)

By Happy05

I put a dot with a black Sharpie in the center of the bottom sheet after the sheet's on the bed. I put it a couple of inches below the edge of the bed under where the pillow are. Then fold the top sheet in half lengthwise and put another dot on the very center top part of the sheet. Then when I make the bed, I can match the dots. That way, the sheet (and blankets..I do the same thing to them) will be even. One side of the bed won't have more sheet than the other side. The dots are covered by the pillows so you won't see it. Hopefully, this makes sense. :)

Girl Making Her Bed
Bed Making Tips
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
A stack of folded sheets.
Folding Fitted Sheets
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Repairing the Elastic on Fitted Sheets