MiscellaneousCollectibles

Metal Stamps?

A friend gave me 3 of these things. They are beautiful and have very intricate designs. It looks like the design is made with copper and with the handle on the back it makes me think that it was used as a stamp. Any ideas for how I can use these? Your thoughts and comments would be awesome. Thanks.

By Karen

They are so beautiful. I would hang them on a wall as they certainly are a work of art. I don 't know the size but if you feel they are too small mount them on a larger piece of wood or use an open frame. Let everyone enjoy them and it will be a good conversation starter - what are they? They are so unique, be happy to have something no one else has. Things like this give a home it's character.

I have one of these also. I hope you get an answer as I am curious also. I bought mine last year at a church rummage sale. I was deemed most unusual purchase of the sale no one knew what is was either.

They look like something which you would use to emboss cookies prior to baking.

Anonymous

I would TOTALLY use this for hot velvet stamping. Have you heard of the process? I have a carved wood block that I use, it's very intricate and beautiful. Here is a link to Hot Potatoes, they sell some beautiful velvet and stamps and talk about the process. You can experiment with a rubber stamp first if you have one handy.

http://www.hotp  velvet/index.htm

Have fun!

~Kitty