Cleaning Foam Stamps

Keep a small dish sitting close by with a rag soaked in Coke, keep it almost floating in Coke. When you are not using a stamp sit it on the rag. When you are ready to use it again, stamp it a couple times on the rag, then a few times on a clean very wet, almost floating in plain water, rag to remove the Coke and it will be like a new stamp. The Coke will eat old ink out of stamps such as deposit stamps that have been sitting around for years. It is wonderful for removing ink on stamps.

Source: A banking friend told me about this method and I have used it for years for my stamps.

By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE

3 More Solutions

I keep a few baby wipes handy (in a zip bag) to use when stamping to clean the surfaces before going on to a new color. The sooner you clean the stamp surface the better.

I use a shallow glass pie dish. Set a sponge of any type in the center. Do not use the scratchy side of any sponge, only the soft side.

Pour warm water in the dish about half way up the sponge.

How do you clean foam stamps during a stamping party for reuse? Baby wipes?

Melanie from Harrisburg, PA

Answers

By Jenna (Guest Post)

Most craft stores sell a spray stamp cleaner for rubber stamps. Using a cleaner other than one recommended for stamps may dry out the rubber and possibly ruin the stamps. Check the ingredients carefully, because some do contain alchohol and that will really dry out your stamps.

To save on the amount of cleaner used when when spraying each stamp I use a stamp cleaner pad which is a large pad with bristles. You spray a small amount of the stamp cleaner on the bristle pad and simply rub the stamp over the brisltes to clean. Then I blot onto a piece of plain white paper or paper towel to ensure that all the ink is off the stamp before using with another color.

Some specialty inks like those for fabric or scrapbooking may have different cleaning instruction, so I would check the instructions for cleaning methods.

Hope this helps...

-Jenna in California

By cindy. (Guest Post)

Try using baby wipes

Answer this Question

Crafts Stamps and EmbossingDecember 1, 2011
🌻
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Foam-Stamps-1.html