Moles Tearing Up My Yard

I have moles that are tearing up my yard and I don't know how to get rid of them. Can anyone help me with this problem? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Joanie from LA

Use a Pitchfork

There are lots of chemicals, traps, and weird devices that people will tell you will work, but I hate to tell you, none of them will do any good in the long run. I found one way that works, but it is a little gruesome. First step down the fresh mole tunnels, then come back in about 30 minutes and stand there quietly and watch for movement.

If you do this in the morning hours it won't take long, 5 or 10 minutes tops. Now comes the part you might not like. OK, take the pitchfork in your right hand and jab it in the ground two or three times in rapid strokes. The reason you do that is the tines are far enough apart that it will sometimes miss them on the first jab. I know it sounds awful, but it is far better than the traps or poisons; because your there to dispatch them in a hurry. If you can't do it, pay a young kid $5 a mole. I thought I had 20 or 30 moles in my two and a half acres, but after getting four this way, they were all gone. Good luck and happy hunting.

By Thomas

Try Juicy fruit Gum

Put on thick gloves and into each hole stick a piece of Juicy Fruit gum. The moles eat it and then choke on it. It sounds silly, but it is supposed to work.

By Laurie

Relocate the Mole

I dug where the newest holes were and stuck the garden hose down the hole. It took about five minutes of running the water when I saw it moving under the grass. I got a shovel and put it in a bucket and relocated it.

By Tammy

Sonic Repeller Might Work

These suggestions, particularly the chewing gum are inhumane. I'm on a quest to find a humane way to do it. So far, I've found a sonic repeller and will look for other methods.

By Lucy

Cats Hunt Moles

The outdoor cats I feed (they have adopted us) bring us dead baby moles, so perhaps an outdoor pet cat might solve your problem?

By Ann Marie

Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
Removing Bacon in One Piece
Removing Bacon in One Piece
Mole coming out of a mole hole.
Organic Mole Repellents
Shower Curtain
Reinforcing Shower Curtains
A beautiful yard.
Solutions for a Sour Smelling Yard
🎉
🎄