Monarch Butterfly

This is a picture of a butterfly (monarch?), that I took on my sunflowers. The colors all looked so pretty together and he opened his wings and just posed for me. What a beauty!

By Timmie from St. Louis, MO

Monarch? Butterfly

Monarch? Butterfly

Answers:

Monarch Butterfly

What a beautiful picture! You are quite an accomplished photographer, too. Thanks for sharing with us. (09/12/2006)

By tedsmom

Monarch Butterfly

Wow, are these ever beautiful pictures. I haven't been able to get a picture of a monarch this year, so thanks for sharing. (09/12/2006)

By grammar

Monarch Butterfly

Gorgeous photos, thank you for sharing! (09/12/2006)

By meoowmom

Monarch Butterfly

That's a beautiful picture!!Just to share, several years ago I witnessed a monarch migration with hundreds of thousands of them less than 1/4 mile from my home back in Chillicothe, MO. I watched in awe as they came through and stopped just for the briefest time in a tree and then took off again. It was the most beautiful sight. I don't remember which season it was, but had to be decent out as they can't handle temperatures below 55 according to the net and 40 would kill them. They migrate twice a year, that was the first and last time I ever witnessed that, and I so wish I had a camcorder on me at the time. (09/12/2006)

By loridawn1956

Monarch Butterfly on Flower
Monarch Butterfly Photos
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Red Admiral Butterfly
Red Admiral Butterfly Photos
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
🎉
🎄