Mother's Day Gift Ideas

What are some really good and thoughtful Mother's Day gift ideas?

You could give her homemade coupons for vacuuming, dusting, doing dishes, a spa night (you run the bath, put in bath beads, light candles, play music etc). Anything that your mother does that she doesn't have to do anytime she presents one of the coupons that you make her.

Nothing in the world would mean as much to any mother as to get a long, heartfelt letter telling her how much she means to you. Breakfasts, perfume, flowers, bath salts are all nice, but that heart to heart is what it's all about. I wrote a long letter and sent it with a beautiful card to my mother many, many years ago, and when she passed away, I found that card and letter in her purse. She carried it around w/ a picture of me as a toddler that was a favorite of hers. Now I carry one of her cards to me in my purse.

The gift for Mother's Day that I think is most thoughtful, is your presence, not your presents. Our children never did come to visit us on Easter and it hurt very badly. I would have never treated my parents that way, but what can you do? Showing your mother love and gratitude, is a wondering gift in and of itself. If you feel that you must give her something, make a homemade card w/ a letter inside. I did that for my mother one year, and she almost cried. Someone gave you the idea of coupons, which is an awesome idea.

My husband had a mild stroke on Easter Sunday this year. (The doctors also suspect Bell's palsy.) Not only are finances extra-tight, getting even the basic shopping done has suddenly become problematic. (I can't go on my own, since they usually don't let blind people drive.) My older daughter called last Sunday to say she'd had an idea: instead of flowers I couldn't see or chocolates or a card. She's picking me up for a lunch date this coming Saturday, then taking me to do the grocery shopping. I cried. My daughter knows my needs and thought of this loving and practical solution. Wow, I have a great daughter!

Oops - forgot to point out. My daughter is springing for a certain dollar amount for those groceries, too...

Wrapped Mother's Day gift.
Mother's Day Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Gifts Mother's DayApril 27, 2011
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mom and Kids Celebrating Mother's Day
Celebrating Mother's Day
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day
Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day
🎄