DogsPest Control

Neighbor's Dogs Snap at My Dogs Through the Fence

I live in a townhouse community that has an HOA. The nextdoor neighbor has two small dogs who bark all the time and when my Beagles are in my fenced-in yard these small dogs put their snouts though the slats of my vinyl fence and try to bite my dogs. What can I do to keep my dogs safe from the snapping dogs? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can cover up the openings in the vinyl fence (between the slats) without the yard looking like a dog kennel and my HOA complaining?

You could install some green privacy mesh. You could also invest in a long leash that would keep your dogs away from the fence.

Chop an onion and a hot pepper (habanero or jalapeno) put it in a pot with a couple quarts of water. Stir in 1 tbls of cayenne and bring to a boil then cover and simmer 10 to 15 min. Put it through a fine strainer or cheese cloth while still hot into a glass or ceramic bowl. Let it cool to room temp. Optional: 1/4 cup vinegar and/or ammonia. Put it in a spray bottle and add some dish soap to help it stick to the fence. That will keep all the dogs away from the fence. The down side is having to reapply every week or so and after it rains.

Plant something along the fence, such as rose bushes or other bushes that will keep them further apart.