Organizing Tupperware and Plastic Containers

I would like suggestions for storing Tupperware.

By marinaidris from Great Falls, VA

Answers:

I keep one cabinet for small to medium size bowls stacked as neat as possible, another for big bowls. Then I have a deep sliding basket in my rolling island and all my lids go in there. Might not be neat as bowls, but they are all there together and easily accessible.

I have tried numerous methods and for me this works. I like it better other ways, but my guys put up dishes and this has been the only way they follow my plan. I like putting lids back on the bowls, but my guys wouldn't do that and I ended up having to reorganize every couple of weeks. If you have room for it try stacking them on their sides in an old dishrack. (08/18/2009)

By micksgirl

I have two baskets that each fit on a shelf of a narrow cabinet. One holds the round containers nested with the lids on the sides of the basket, and the other holds the square and rectangular containers with their lids. Many years ago, my daughter who is now an engineer, organized them and added numbers and letters to each piece with matching cover, which is now done with some companies. I also go through the baskets occasionally to make sure that all bowls have a lid and discard the orphans. (08/18/2009)

By Eileen Celeste