Organizing a Small Bedroom

I have a pretty small room. The walls are bright and colorful, but I have a bed, a desk, a wide dresser, and a tall dresser. My room's so crowded so I put one of my dressers in my closet. Please help organize my room!

By Michaela J.

Hi Michaela! When you can't go "out", go "UP"! It's a great way to take advantage of your space and give you a chance for more storage. How about cabinets painted a pretty color to match your bedroom stuff? You can even make the front of one a cork board, photo board, etc. Keep all your special stuff tacked to it with cool, funky push pins. Make another front a blackboard.You can use the tops as shelves and display stuff like pictures in frames or stash your goodies in cute hat boxes and stack them.

Add some open shelves also. Your room may be small but if you build up, you'll be surprised at how much room you gain. Have fun with it. Stop by thrift stores. You can find some pretty cool stuff.

Buy some risers for your bed, they will raise your bed so you can put boxes under it; they are cheaper than buying the roller drawers to go under and will allow more stuff to fit under the bed. You can also buy over the door shoe organizers to fit over your closet door, you can organize shoes, socks, scarves etc. in this. Also you can put double rods in your closet to hang tops and bottoms in your wardrobe.

Hang your purses on the sides of the closet or use your storage shelf. Belts can be hung on a hanger and earrings can be organized by using a mesh attached to a fancy frame and hung on the wall. Socks can be thrown into bins to put in the bottom of your closet or under the bed. Good luck.

Small Organized Bedroom
Organizing a Small Bedroom
Organizing BedroomJune 1, 2011
Teen Bedroom
Decorating a Teen Bedroom
Decorating a Guest Room
Decorating a Guest Room
beautiful green tone bedroom
Inexpensive Bedroom Makeovers
Organizing Your Bedroom
Organizing Your Bedroom