Overnight Roast Recipes

Slow roasted meat is moist, tender, and flavorful. This page contains overnight roast recipes.

November 15, 2008 Flag

I have lost a recipe that I found in the local News Journal about 6 or so months ago. I remember that you bought a cheap roast (even bottom round roast), seasoned it and roasted the meat on an extremely low oven overnight. I forget if it was braised. It was very tender and the middle section was rare if you decreased cooking by 20 minutes.

Nancy from Wilmington, DE

Update: Thanks to those that answered my request overnight for slow cooked roast beef. They were good but I found my recipe which is fantastic. Here is the recipe on ThriftyFun:

Rib Roast "Unattended"--I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but this is a real "tried and true" recipe for me. I came across it a few years ago and have used it many times. It makes a perfect roast, every time, every size. I know that rib roasts are a more expensive cut, but it's also good to know a foolproof recipe for them.

Rib Roast Unattended

From the Houston Junior League Cookbook (Copyright 1992)

1 Standing Rib Roast, any size

Salt and pepper

To Prepare:

At noon, pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Season roast with salt and pepper. Put roast, uncovered, in pre-heated oven. After 1 hour, turn off oven and do not open the door. Forty minutes before serving, turn oven on again, to 375 degrees. Allow the usual resting time upon removal from the oven, depending on the size. Roast will be medium-rare in center and well-done around edges. It is so convenient for company when you don"t know exactly when serving time will be.

Serves: varies according to size of roast

I recently read about cooking beef all night. They said to set the oven to the temperature you want the beef to be. So if you want it rare, set it to 140 and then you can cook it for 8 or 12 hours and it won't get any more done. I haven't tried it, has anyone? I think I would set it at 350 for half an hour at the beginning so it doesn't sit at an unsafe temperature for long.

Thank you for asking this - I have always wanted to give this a go. A friendsays her mother used to roast turkeys overnight at a very low temperature in a similar manner, but I've always been afraid to try that. This sounds tried and true. Thanks again.

The rib roast "unattended" is a recipe that I use often. I found it in a paper labeled "The Roast Recipe that Saved a Marriage". You can put it on when you leave for church on an hour time set and then when you get home, you heat it (my recipe said 30 minutes) while getting other things together. It is suppose to be able to be used with frozen roasts adding 30 minutes.

January 26, 2009 Flag

Thanks to those that answered my request overnight for slow cooked roast beef. They were good but I found my recipe which is fantastic. Here goes.

Food and Recipes Recipes Meats Beef RoastAugust 3, 2013
Crockpot Pork Roast
Crockpot Pork Roast Recipes
Roast Duck
Roast Duck Recipes
Pork Roast
Pork Roast Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
🎄