Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Overnight Roast Recipes

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Overnight Roast Beef

Slow roasted meat is moist, tender, and flavorful. This page contains overnight roast recipes.

Recipes

Read and rate the best recipes below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Recipe: Fantastic Slow Cooked Roast Beef

Thanks to those that answered my request overnight for slow cooked roast beef. They were good but I found my recipe which is fantastic. Here goes.

• 4-6 lb roast
  • 4 carrots
  • 4 ribs of celery
  • 1-2 large onions
  • head of garlic

Directions:

I buy the cheapest round roast. Take 4 carrots peeled, cut into 2 inch pieces (I use baby carrots due to laziness), 4 ribs of celery cut into 2 inch pieces, 1-2 large onions (I always use sweet) quartered, an entire head of garlic with just the top cut off. I put the garlic in center and lay vegetables over the bottom of the rest of the pan (I use a 9x13 inch roast pan). Using a 4-6 pound roast, figure 2 1/2 hours per pound. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.

Dry roast well, salt and pepper roast then brown all sides in large fry pan. Then place roast fat side up on top of veggies and place in oven and turn oven down to 170 degrees F. Do not cook roast beyond 135 degrees, using a meat thermometer. This temp makes med rare roast. Take out of oven and tent roast loosely, resting for 20 minutes. Remove fat and slice thinly across the grain.

This can be done in advance and left alone tented until ready to eat. Reheat at meal time without veggies at 170 degrees F, but not for long so as meat does not over cook. It is so tender!

The gravy with the recipe was awful. Maybe if you added chunked potatoes to the veggies, you would have roasted veggies for the side. You can use the roasted garlic as a spread on bread. The recipe gravy called for 1 cup red wine, 1 cup beef stock adding the roasted garlic and cook down. I'd rather make gravy with a roue and stock and juices. Enjoy!

Source: Delaware News Journal

By Nancy from Wilmington, DE

Editor's Note: If you would like to see the request that Nancy posted, along with the other slow cook recipes, here is the tip:

Recipe: Roasting Meat Overnight in the Oven

I have lost a recipe that I found in the local News Journal about 6 or so months ago. I remember that you bought a cheap roast (even bottom round roast), seasoned it and roasted the meat on an extremely low oven overnight. I forget if it was braised. It was very tender and the middle section was rare if you decreased cooking by 20 minutes.

Nancy from Wilmington, DE

Update: Thanks to those that answered my request overnight for slow cooked roast beef. They were good but I found my recipe which is fantastic. Here is the recipe on ThriftyFun:

Share Your Feedback: Have you tried this recipe? Do you have your own variation which you would like to share? Click "Share a Recipe" above!