Painting Laminate Furniture

How do I get paint to stick to the shiny laminate finish (only on the top) of my dresser? The rest is wood and I know I can refinish it, but what about the top? Help!

Jeanne from Austin, TX

Answers:

Painting Laminate Furniture

I agree with the Kilz option, it is by far one of the best primers on the market. Gives you a surface for your paint to adhere to. Kilz has come through when other primers haven't. I had a rental property that I used it to "seal" in the odor from animal pee, by painting the floor with it before having carpet installed. It was advice from my carpet installer, and it worked! They also now have a line of paint of their own. Not just primers. (11/02/2008)

By GregS

Painting Laminate Furniture

Fine sand paper is what I've used in the past, then Kilz, then the paint. Good luck! (11/04/2008)

By Shosha

Painting Laminate Furniture

My son wanted to paint an ugly laminate chest for his room. They now make spray paint that coats anything from slick plastic to laminate. The 3-drawer dresser took only 2 cans and it's beautiful! We bought the paint at Walmart. (11/06/2008)

By Chadwyck

Painting Laminate Furniture

Yep, sandpaper and Kilz (in that order). Just remember to wipe the area clean before putting on the primer and paint. (11/17/2008)

By SweetCali40

Painting Laminate Furniture
Laminate Furniture
Painting Laminate Furniture
Paint can, tray, brushes and supplies.
Painting Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 18, 2016 at 9:33:14 PM on 10.0.1.114 in 891 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.