Browsing: Painting a Refrigerator

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Painting a Refrigerator

Sometimes remodeling involves changing the color of your refrigerator. This guide is about painting a refrigerator.

Painting a Refrigerator
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

February 18, 2014 Flag

My refrigerator is a silver colour, but it is going to black in spots. So how can I give it a new look?

By Sata

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I have a can of "Bar Keepers Friend" It cleans everthing (counter top's, all metal, glass, etc. I take a wet a sponge or rag and pour Dawn and a little of "Bar Keeper's Friend" on it. It does a wonderful job on what you clean. I get this prodouct at "Walmart or Lowes. I hope this helps you.

Best Answer

Places that paint automotives will also paint refrigerators. I don't know if there is any way to do it yourself and have a durable job. I doubt it.

February 27, 2015 Flag

I want to paint my fridge with chalkboard paint. Does anyone know what kind of primer I should use? The fridge being magnetic is not important to me.

By Tiye

Your fridge is not magnetic. Magnets stick to it because it is made of steel. I do not know what primer you would use, but you might be able to find that out at the store that sells chalkboard paint. I suspect what you have to do is to sand the surface of the fridge to get the paint to stick. Personally, I would not paint my fridge at all, unless it is terribly scratched and quite unsightly. Also, you have to be sure that your fridge is not covered with a vinyl textured surface. Mine is, and I am pretty sure that there is no possible way to get paint to stick to that surface. Anyway, painting your fridge will not affect the ability of magnets to stick to it. Chalkboard paint does not interfere with the magnetic force.

I agree with the former poster. You are setting your fridge up for rust problems, because it is metal. Look for a black board the size you want, glue magnets on it, and stick it on the fridge.

May 14, 2015 Flag

I want to paint over the rust using the chalk board paint. Is that possible and how can I do it? I live in the tropics so the salty air does havoc to appliances.

rusty fridge

There is actually appliance paint you can use for a refrigerator. However, if you really want to make it a chalkboard, Rust-Oleum makes a product called rust reformer, which you can spray on first to kind of halt the rust. The steps to follow are: use a fine sandpaper to remove loose rust and smooth the surface a bit; wipe with a lightly damp cloth or tack cloth, if you used a damp cloth let it dry completely. Spray on the rust reformer, let dry. Rust-Oleum also makes the chalkboard paint; it comes in black, tintable (choose from about a dozen colors), and now also transparent, so you can use any color underneath, then paint it, and *poof* it's a chalkboard! Have fun with it! Another option is to use the rust reformer all over, then mount a chalkboard with STRONG magnets. You can get really strong magnets at a home improvement store.

Source: I work in the paint department at a home improvement store!

August 12, 2009 Flag

I want to paint my refrigerator white (it is now almond). Has anyone had success and what type of paint did you use?

By RealtorRose from Malvern, PA

Thanks everyone. I did buy Rustoleum paint in a can to use on appliances. I would rather use a roller than spray since I don't want the overspray all over my kitchen. My only concern is the plastic on the water/ice dispenser compartment on the front of the door and on the door handles which is now almond color. I'm not sure I can remove them to paint properly. I do know they sell paint for plastic. I'm still a bit apprehensive and looking into buying a used white fridge and save the grief. Wouldn't have been so complicated if the fridge did not have the water/ice in the door.

Call a company that refinishes appliances. I did. It came out great. I can't remember the cost. It wasn't that much.

I also suggest that you purchase paint that is formulated for appliances. Paints like these are designed to hold up to heat and cold without cracking and peeling.

http://www.danielshomecenter.com/appliances-1/refrigerators.html

January 5, 2015 Flag

I'm wanting to paint my white refrigerator black, what is the best product to use to paint the rubber seal around the doors?

By Tami Y

I would suspect that there is no product that can be used to paint the rubber seal.

December 8, 2014 Flag

My frig is rusting. Can I use a roller to paint this in the house?

By M.K. from Lincoln, RI

If you "fridge" is rusty, you can use Rustoleum paint and yes, you can roll it on if you use a good roller. This site will help.

http://www.rustoleum.com/product-ca ... nds/specialty/appliance-epoxy-spray/

June 25, 2012 Flag

Has anyone ever painted a refrigerator? If so, please tell me how you went about it and if the paint has held up.

By Sharon

I think you can buy special paint for appliances. Check with your local home improvment store. They should even be able to give you ideas on how to do it. You can also buy stuff to apply to appliances to give them the look of stainless steel.

I painted a stove years ago by taking it to the auto body shop. I think they charged me $60 and it looked good and lasted well.

September 23, 2013 Flag

I need to paint the door on my fridge 410 liters model, frost free Hoover brand. Where I can find someone to spray paint the doors top and bottom, because they have rust. I also need a new rubber seal for the door. My fridge is in good working good, I only need to find who can spray paint the door.
Thanks.

By Ofelia

How about you? Take the door off the hinge, lay it on a protected floor or yard and use either appliance paint, or Krylon or Rustoleum (my personal fav'). It is usually dry in an hour or so and you are set.

If you still want someone else to do it, check out small businesses in your area on Craigslist.

March 2, 2012 Flag

When using an epoxy paint on a refrigerator what kind of roller should I use?

Load More
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingDecember 27, 2012
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
vintage range
Painting Appliances
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 15, 2016 at 3:58:23 PM on 10.0.1.138 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.