Question

Share | Account | About
Share>Account>About>

Pet Uses for Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth

Pin It
Bag of Red Lake DE.

I wanted to share what the DE looks like that you use in your pets area, and on their food, etc. I don't use t a lot, but when I do I try not to breathe it in.

Never use the pool grade, as it has been processed in a way that would hurt your lungs and poison your animals.

I used this whole ten dollar bucket on these following things:
Sprinkling it in the chicken and puppy run, sprinkling it on the ferret, rubbing it in the puppy's fur after the fur was completely dry after the Dawn and tea tree oil bath. (It took four baths to get rid of all their fleas and they had to sit with a thick layer of Dawn on their fur for about 3 or so minutes.) I also use it for sprinkling on the foster puppies stools while they were getting their little digestive systems settled down. Puppies in an outdoor pen. Puppy with a ball.

They were so covered with fleas, I wondered if they would have survived. After a lot of worming with Nemex and Safeguard they have become very robust loud and active. I also put a little bit of childrens' liquid vitamins in their morning soft food, and give them about half a teaspoon of coconut oil for their fur. They were in really bad shape. I am so proud of them I am going to miss them, when they go to their Fur-ever homes!

Blessings.

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Robyn Fed [388]08/20/2012

http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/buy_diatomaceous_earth.html

Here is some excellent info!

Blessings, Robyn

By Robyn Fed [388]08/20/2012

They all went to great homes, and I still cannot believe how well the de flea-ing worked on them, considering what they were like before! They are so cute! Thank you lbc4211 for the kind comments and you are right! It is a labor of love!

By LB Cain08/20/2012

Blessing to you too! We animal lovers must stick together! I volunteer at a low-cost spay/neuter clinic and love every minute of it! The have programs to find "furr-ever" homes for puppies and kittens, and I've fostered myself. The goodbyes are bitter sweet! But I smile through the tears knowing they'll have a great life! I've never used food-grade DE but have heard great things. After reading what you wrote, I will definitely be picking some up!
God walk with you always!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.