Browsing: Using Diatomaceous for Earth Fleas

Pet Uses for Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth

I wanted to share what the DE looks like that you use in your pets area, and on their food, etc. I don't use t a lot, but when I do I try not to breathe it in.

Bag of Red Lake DE.

Never use the pool grade, as it has been processed in a way that would hurt your lungs and poison your animals.

I used this whole ten dollar bucket on these following things:
Sprinkling it in the chicken and puppy run, sprinkling it on the ferret, rubbing it in the puppy's fur after the fur was completely dry after the Dawn and tea tree oil bath. (It took four baths to get rid of all their fleas and they had to sit with a thick layer of Dawn on their fur for about 3 or so minutes.) I also use it for sprinkling on the foster puppies stools while they were getting their little digestive systems settled down. Puppies in an outdoor pen. Puppy with a ball.

They were so covered with fleas, I wondered if they would have survived. After a lot of worming with Nemex and Safeguard they have become very robust loud and active. I also put a little bit of childrens' liquid vitamins in their morning soft food, and give them about half a teaspoon of coconut oil for their fur. They were in really bad shape. I am so proud of them I am going to miss them, when they go to their Fur-ever homes!

Blessings.

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Blessing to you too! We animal lovers must stick together! I volunteer at a low-cost spay/neuter clinic and love every minute of it! The have programs to find "furr-ever" homes for puppies and kittens, and I've fostered myself. The goodbyes are bitter sweet! But I smile through the tears knowing they'll have a great life! I've never used food-grade DE but have heard great things. After reading what you wrote, I will definitely be picking some up!

God walk with you always!

They all went to great homes, and I still cannot believe how well the de flea-ing worked on them, considering what they were like before! They are so cute! Thank you lbc4211 for the kind comments and you are right! It is a labor of love!

http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/buy_diatomaceous_earth.html

Here is some excellent info!

Blessings, Robyn

A dog sitting on the grass scratching at fleas.
Using Diatomaceous for Earth Fleas
Pets AdviceAugust 17, 2012
8th Graders
8th Grade Graduation Party Ideas
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Buying Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Pet Food in Bowl
Buying Pet Food
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Uses for Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 10:37:37 AM on 10.0.0.111 in 633 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.