Browsing: Plastic Canvas Craft Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Plastic Canvas Craft Ideas

A material that is easy to work with and can be used to create a variety of things. This guide contains plastic craft ideas.

Plastic Canvas Craft Ideas
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

December 13, 2007 Flag

This is a Christmas gift I made. It is napkin holder made with plastic canvas. The second picture is another plastic canvas craft I made for Christmas. It is a wall or door hanger. This one is a fairly easy project.

By Pico from St. Paul, Alberta

PlasticCanvas517x298.gif

August 28, 2009 Flag

plastic canvas tissue box with coastersThis is a tissue box cover and coaster holder with 6 matching coasters.

By Cricketnc

August 26, 2009 Flag

plastic canvas boxThis is a plastic canvas project. It is derived from a pattern for a tissue box cover, and can be adjusted to go with any tissue box cover pattern you want to use. These are the changes I am making to the pattern.

For the top piece, instead of cutting the center out to allow for the tissue to come through, I'm leaving it whole. I will fill it in with stitching to match the pattern. Another change to this piece is that instead of stitching the top piece to the sides all the way around, I will only attach it on one side, thereby creating a "hinge". I will attach a small piece of Velcro with a decoration glued to it to match the pattern (in this case a plastic canvas flower). This will keep the lid closed but easily accessible when needed.

If you'd prefer, you can make the top piece a little larger than the pattern calls for, and make side pieces to create a regular box lid. Also I cut a piece for a bottom of the box. Needless to say no stitching necessary on this piece other than to attach it to the box. The reason for these changes is that instead of keeping a box of tissues in there, I plan on keeping my "unmentionable" items (in my case Kotex) in it. They will be readily available when I need them, but my family and guests won't be having to see them.

I plan to make a matching small "cup" to hold my disposable razors also.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

April 24, 2009 Flag

I purchased a spice rack with a pineapple motif done in needlepoint on the front. I didn't particularly like the pineapple motif so I removed the plastic canvas piece. I was looking all over for something to put in its place.

University of Georgia Dawgs motif

April 23, 2013 Flag

Following the instructions in the booklet, I made the letters that spelled out each of my childrens' names. I glued googly eyes tiny pom pom noses onto each of them. Then I attached a magnet to the back of each one.

glue on eyes and nose glue on magnet plastic canvas letters

NOTE: Although I used a booklet, you could easily design your own letters. I have actually lost the booklet, so that is my plan for any future ones that I make. :)

SOURCE: Leisure Arts Leaflet 1416: Magnets a to z in Plastic Canvas

August 31, 2006 Flag

Want a simple craft to do for the novice crafter? Try plastic canvas. The canvas is inexpensive and you can get really nice yarn cheap or free from freecycle sometimes.

December 11, 2009 Flag

A package of 10 plastic cross stitch star patterns cost me about $2. I was given a bunch of yarn and I made up my own patterns. I did all ten at once.

Variety of star patterns completed.

January 10, 2007 Flag

Salvaging Smelly Plastic Canvas. If you get plastic canvas that smells bad, try putting it in a sink full of hot water and dish soap. Let it set for an hour, take it out and put it on a towel. This also works with plastic canvas that is not flat.

October 25, 2010 Flag

I designed this ribbon for a teacher at the preschool. I made the baby one first, then the teacher did not want a bow on top of hers. I took a picture of the school then cut and colored mine to match. Little girl holding decoration consisting of house with blocks of letters hanging down.

By Randa

Plastic canvas letter ribbons.

August 4, 2009 Flag

I haven't made my project yet so can't send a picture. I just got done cutting the pieces out and will start stitching it tomorrow.

September 2, 2009 Flag

I wanted to see if I could crochet on plastic canvas without any sewing and ended up with this trinket box made on 5-mesh plastic canvas. I used a size D crochet hook so it would fit through the holes and worsted weight yarn.

Light blue trinket box.

June 21, 2013 Flag

I'm looking for the letter "A" in English style in plastic canvas? Any suggestions?

By Diana

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go to http://stencilletters.org Print and create a free stencil and proceed from there. Good luck.

July 1, 2009 Flag

After seeing some pictures of Japanese plastic canvas, I got out my worsted weight yarn, my plastic canvas, a needle and whipped up a pattern for the flower. I hope those of you who do plastic canvas or design your own, will be able to make use of it.

Finished flower.

March 2, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know where I can find a plastic canvas pattern of a man with movable arms?

Load More
Crafts Needlework Plastic Canvas CraftsMay 1, 2013
Making Plastic Canvas Christmas Ornaments
Plastic Canvas Angel
Plastic Canvas Angel Patterns
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 30, 2016 at 12:18:25 AM on 10.0.2.133 in 7 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.