Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table

I got a new dark wood dining room table. I put an heirloom table runner in the center. To protect the table runner from my cat and grandkids, I put a clear plastic table cloth over the runner. When I removed the plastic several months later I found that it had left a residue on the table.

I know now that the sun on the plastic caused the problem. I tried lots of obvious things like Goo Be Gone and vinegar, WD40, etc., nothing works. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Michelle from Milwaukee, WI

Answers:

Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table

I would try rubbing alcohol. I know it will not hurt wood, but make sure it's okay with the stain on the wood. (04/30/2008)

By Melissa

Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table

Try toothpaste. The fine grit may be able to take off enough of the dampness white. (06/30/2010)

By Moonbeams