Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table

Category Furniture
Plastic packaging, tablecloths, and other items can leave a residue on your table that can be difficult to remove. This is a guide about plastic left residue on wood table.

How do I clean a wooden table that a plastic drop cloth left marks on? Thanks.

By Judy

Best Answer

Clean the entire top with mayonnaise. Put @ a teaspoonful directly on the wood and then distribute it with a soft cloth and rubbing until it no longer streaks. It's the only thing I use to really clean my wood furniture and it does a great job on kitchen cabinets.

Best Answer

This worked really well on my table. I had seemingly impossible plastic stains from the back of some cheap placemats I had used with my kids. I was really surprised at how completely I was able to eliminate them using only mayonnaise and a magic eraser pad - who knew? I chose the mayonnaise suggestion over the others because I was afraid to use anything too harsh that would destroy the finish.

I just wiped the table down with Old English when I was done & now it's as good as new!!

I have been using a heat protection cloth on my table for the last couple of years and have not removed it. I just change the table cloth on top. We have decorated and I want the beauty of the table to show. Having removed the heat protection cloth with great difficulty it has left behind a sticky residue all over the table which I can't clean off. I have been told my only option is to get it sanded down and re-varnished, but I feel this is a bit extreme. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Answers

Best Answer

I would try oil to remove this stickiness. It won't scrape or damage the wood, but would take lots pf patient rubbing. Slightly heated it might do better.

I have a pine table which had sellotape all along one side, and it worked on that to a degree. Otherwise it would have to be refinishing, I think, because anything that would remove the stickiness would damage the wood surface.

Best Answer

Use a thick pad and run a warm iron. This will soften the sticky residue. Hopefully you can peel it off and wax the table.

How do I remove sticky residue from my new dining room table? I covered it with a clear plastic cover, and now the wood is stuck to the cover. I believe it has something to do with the wood not breathing. I have to fix this. Help.

By Melissa

Answers

Here is a link about what to do if plastic is burned onto the wood....some of these might work with your situation.

http://www.ehow … lastic-wood.html
Hope this helps.

Blessings, Robyn

I have a high glass dark wooden table and I covered it with clear plastic table cover and after few months when I removed it I see annoying stains on the table that were left because of the plastic ... How do I get rid of this problem?

I had a clear plastic table cover on my wood dining table that left a residue. What will remove the plastic residue from my table?

By Sonny H.

I got a new dark wood dining room table. I put an heirloom table runner in the center. To protect the table runner from my cat and grandkids, I put a clear plastic table cloth over the runner. When I removed the plastic several months later I found that it had left a residue on the table.

I know now that the sun on the plastic caused the problem. I tried lots of obvious things like Goo Be Gone and vinegar, WD40, etc., nothing works. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Michelle from Milwaukee, WI

Answers:

Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table

I would try rubbing alcohol. I know it will not hurt wood, but make sure it's okay with the stain on the wood. (04/30/2008)

By Melissa

Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table

Try toothpaste. The fine grit may be able to take off enough of the dampness white. (06/30/2010)

By Brenda J. Moore