Removing Stitch Witchery Residue

Category Sewing
If you make a mistake using Stitch Witchery, you will be left with a sticky residue that can be difficult to remove. This page offers advice about how to remove Stitch Witchery residue.

How can I remove Stitch Witchery residue?

By Diane from Tonawanda, NY

Best Answer

Try hand sanitizer to remove the stitch wichery. This is what I used to remove it from my iron. Worked great.

I made a major mistake when hemming a pair of polyester dress pants. I used Stitch Witchery, but I failed to turn one of the legs wrong side out and had one hem inside and the other leg hemmed on the outside. I reheated the wrong one and pulled it apart, but I can't get rid of the Stitch Witchery. It shows up as a shiny mess on the outside of the pant leg. I have tried to reheat it with a cloth on top of it and tried to get it off that way, but no luck. Does anyone know any way to remove this mess?

Granny 66 from Coshocton, OH

Removing Stitch Witchery Residue

Try Ungu or Goo Gone. Then wash item. Have you considered contacting the makers of Stitch Witchery and asking them? (03/20/2008)

By Mary Lou

RE: Removing Stitch Witchery Residue