Preventing Color From Bleeding on Clothing

I have towels that are mint green and when I washed them with like colors they bleed onto the other clothing and continue to bleed. How do I repair the other clothing and how do I stop the towels from bleeding?

By Norma from PA

I dye wool and when I want to set the color, I use white vinegar or citric acid. If you really want to keep these towels, I would wash them separately in a very hot tub of water with 1 cup of white vinegar. Let the towels soak about 30 minutes. Wash as usual. Hope this sets the excess dye in the towels. (07/20/2010)

By themuffster

Man With Fresh Stain on Shirt
Preventing Stains on Clothing
Bleeding Heart
Growing Bleeding Heart
Pug with bandage leg.
Treating a Pet's Wound
Putting bandaid on child.
Stopping a Superficial Wound from Bleeding