Stopping a Superficial Wound from Bleeding

I use styptic powder to stop bleeding instantly. Once while scratching my ankle, I accidentally nicked the vein and started bleeding profusely. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to stop because it was in a difficult place to reach. Desperate and thinking I had to go to the emergency room ($) to get it to stop, I then remembered the powder I sprinkle on my dog's toes after nicking them with the clipper.

I got it out and sprinkled it on my ankle. It stung for just a second but the bleeding stopped instantly. From now on my first aid kit will have systolic power in it. The power can be purchase at any pet supply store or online pet store. Check with your doctor first before using it on a child or if you have a medical condition that might be aggravated by using the powder. It saved me a lot of money.

By Gloria Z from Hoffman Estates, IL

5 More Solutions

I discovered baking soda works great to stop bleeding of small knicks when you don't have a band-aid or don't want one. I had a knick on my hand that kept bleeding. I blotted and lightly covered it with baking soda.

It's amazing how many people nick the vein in their ankle while scratching themselves and then can't stop the bleeding. That happened to me too. I had visions of having to rush to the ER for help I remembered what I do for my dogs.

Dab on some ChapStick if you nick yourself and the bleeding will stop, works great for legs and face.

For superficial wounds that bleed, to quickly stop the bleeding after washing the area, use a cotton swab and dip in petroleum jelly (Vaseline) to wipe thickly over the bleeding area.

This tip is for stopping bleeding on a small cut. Pour black pepper into the sore and spread. It will not burn and stops the bleeding

Health & Beauty Home RemediesSeptember 9, 2013
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Stopping-a-Superficial-Wound-from-Bleeding-1.html