Quick Fresh Meatballs
By making very small meatballs you can cook them in your pasta sauce, allowing you to prepare the meal faster. This is a guide about quick fresh meatballs.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Busy day? You want something good and hearty for dinner, but it is getting late? Let me share how you can make a spaghetti and meatball dinner in under a half hour. You will be happily sitting down and eating this!
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 jar pasta sauce*
- olive oil
- 1/2 lb pasta
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (Italian flavored)
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp minced onion
- 1/4 tsp each of salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, basil
- 1 egg
*Everyone has a favorite sauce they use when they don't have time to make their own. You can still fancy it up with some of your own spices.
- When I package my ground beef, I put it in 1/2 pound packages in freezer baggies. Get all the air out, then flatten the meat as thin as I can get it, so it will defrost in just minutes. Then you do not have to use the microwave, which usually cooks the edges.
- Take the ground beef from my freezer and put it in the sink in warm water. Get out two pots; one for pasta and one for sauce.
- Fill the pasta pot with water. Add salt and olive oil. Turn on high.
- Pour the jar of pasta sauce in the other pan, and turn up to medium heat.
- When the ground beef is thawed, put in a bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, seasonings, egg and cheese. Mix well.
- Roll tiny meatballs as they will cook faster.
- I use lean meat because they have so much less fat and I can cook the meatballs right in the sauce.
- When the pasta is done, drain and add a dab of butter. Cover to keep it warm.
- When the meat balls are cooked, use a wide pasta bowl, and it is time to eat!
October 7, 20160 found this helpful
For a more authentic Italian flavor, put two tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan. Gently brown meatballs on both sides. Add sauce and simmer until pasta is cooked. The meatballs are a little crispy on the outside and moist on the inside and they don't taste boiled.
In This Guide