Quick Lemon Pound Cake

This is a quick and easy pound cake recipe. I bake it in an 8 or 9 inch round or square cake pan, instead of a loaf pan, to cut baking time in half. Of course, if you prefer a "loaf", bake it for almost twice the baking time as a smaller pan.

• 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. baking powder
  • 1 cup plain, lemon, or vanilla yogurt
  • 3 eggs
  • 1-2 Tbsp. lemon juice

Preheat oven or convection to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 - 9 inch round or square baking pan with cooking spray.

In a medium sized bowl, place the flour, sugar, and baking powder and whisk. Add the yogurt and lemon juice to the bowl and let sit a minute or so. Then add the eggs and whisk everything together until well incorporated.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a light golden top.

I serve this in squares with strawberry/rhubarb sauce spooned over it with a dollop of whipped cream or a splash or two of light cream.

Note: Because this pound cake has no butter, the finished cake will be a bit sticky, but it is a healthier version than making it with a lot of butter and eggs.

Servings: 9-12
Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 Minutes

By LisaE from WI

I can't wait to try this as a shortcake base (happily, without the "short"). I don't care for biscuit-type shortcake. I think this will be just great, nice lemony flavor to compliment the berries. Mmm-mmm-mmmmmmmmm!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesMay 30, 2011
Pound Cake on Wooden Table
Pound Cake Recipes
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Banana Pound Cake
Banana Pound Cake Recipes